• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • love2fly
    TT Enthusiast
    • Aug 2005

HO Phantom Truth

How does this compare with a triumph or nitro??
  • Hoosier Bob
    MC Platinum
    • Aug 2004

Go to Mag Mania and I can bring a 67" new for you to try. Way dif from both would be my guess. I am sure a few will tell you soon that the Nitro would be the closest but the Phantom Truth is a very stiff and very fast ski. I like it but have not given it the time to setup. I purchased something else that worked better for me right out of the box so to speak.
    PS I believe Wade Cox did pretty well on it.
    Last edited by Hoosier Bob; 07-27-2006, 09:58 PM.
    BAREFOOTING: I knew it was gonna hurt when I felt my arse cheeks hit me in the back of my head!

!UOY NAHT RETSAF MA I TUB KNURD EB YAM I

Comment

• Upper Michigan Prostar190
      MC Master Poster
      • May 2005

Originally posted by love2fly
      How does this compare with a triumph or nitro??
      well, I am not the authority on the Phantom truth, but I believe it was the ski that followed the CDX, and preceded the Monza. (please correct me if I am wrong) and its not a very popular ski. I have read alot of not so great thigns about that ski. I am sure some people with actual experience with it will post here. but its not like a Triumph at all, more on the sage page as a Nitro.....
      Skidog, dont forget to take your Geritol.

Originally posted by Upper Michigan Prostar190
      On a different note: I like LOTS of snort comin' out of the hole.

Comment

• 6ballsisall
        MC Master Poster
        • Aug 2004

Never tried the Triumph or nitro myself but used to own a Phantom Truth. Some guys ski well on it, I am not one of them. I just never really felt right on it. It is a VERY stiff ski and at least for me was hard to turn. I will say I knew nothing about fin tuning at the time and never played with the ski at all.
        Living like no one else so later we can live like no one else

MC's owned:
        1986 Skier 19
        1995 ProStar 190
        2003 X-7
        1994 ProStar 205 (current)

Comment

• PendO
          MC Maniac
          • Jul 2005

my neighbor has a phantom truth, it does not have the aluminum top like the CDX or System 8 ... he really like it, but ...............
          At least you know one person who collected from the Cash Rewards program

Comment

• love2fly
            TT Enthusiast
            • Aug 2005

Thanks for the info, I'm still looking for a ski. But trying to understand all the ski's made by HO can be quiet hard.

I think I'll end up with either the triumph or nitro.

Comment

• bcampbe7
              MC Addict
              • Jul 2004

Come on down to Tims Ford and I will drag you around behind my PS190. If you like it you can buy it.
              If my words don't make sense, try reading them backwards.

Comment

• east tx skier
                MC Hero
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Upper Michigan Prostar190
                well, I am not the authority on the Phantom truth, but I believe it was the ski that followed the CDX, and preceded the Monza. (please correct me if I am wrong) and its not a very popular ski. I have read alot of not so great thigns about that ski. I am sure some people with actual experience with it will post here. but its not like a Triumph at all, more on the sage page as a Nitro.....
                That's not exactly it. The Phantom Truth is an all carbon ski that followed the Phantom as opposed to the CDX. The Truth got mixed reviews. I dont believe the same was true for the Phantom Truth.
                Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.

Comment

• Hoosier Bob
                  MC Platinum
                  • Aug 2004

I would not run away from my Ph Truth at all. The ski is well made and beautiful. I never gave it the time. It skied very well and I feel with a few adjustments it would rock. I have not skied too many ski's I did not like. I just liked them for different reasons.
                  BAREFOOTING: I knew it was gonna hurt when I felt my arse cheeks hit me in the back of my head!

!UOY NAHT RETSAF MA I TUB KNURD EB YAM I

Comment

Working...
                  X