• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • docster
    TT Newbie
    • Jul 2012

1994 MasterCraft Maristar 225VRS

Couple of questions about this. There is one for sale locally. Heres the ad.

Up for sale is a 1994 Mastercraft Maristar 225 VRS. It has a throttle body fuel injected 5.7 liter V8 engine with about 510 hours. Boat is in great shape! It has an aluminum tower made by Aerial Towers with Polk audio speakers and board racks. It also has a fully adjustable mirror. I upgraded the stereo system to a Sony CD player with aux input, Sony speakers, and a pioneer 800 watt amp. The boat is equipped with dual batteries with selector switch. There is a lot of storage throughout the boat. The tandem axle trailer has surge brakes and new tires rims and bearings this year. It has been a great boat for me but I'm upgrading to a Mastercraft X-45 so that is why I am selling it. Title is free and clear.

i have been to look at it, no water test or anything yet because of the price. he is asking 18,900. Seems extremely high to me. NADA list value with all the options at 12,100. It is in good shape with low hours for a 18 year old boat, but its not perfect and at this age, things will start needing replaceing im sure. The vinyl is worn a bit, some areas cracked, some faded. So here are my questions:
    1. Any areas/known problems I should double check with this boat?
    2. Is over 12.5-13k unreasonable?
  • acguy714
    TT Regular
    • Mar 2012

I bought a 91 maristar 210 six months ago for 8500 bucks and in clean condition.. Now tower etc. Sounds like he his trying to get his money out of the tower, speakers, amps, etc. Without that stuff I d say 13,000 is a good price but adding a tower and all the extras is something you ll have to figure out its value.

Comment

• dboat
      TT Regular
      • Oct 2010

I have the same thing 94 225vrs with 450 hrs, no tower, plain ol Sony cd deck. Bought in Oct 2010 for $12,500 and I thought that was steep. It does sound like he's trying to recoup his money for upgrading to a 45 and the Aerial tower. I had $1000 fiberglass damage and had to replace the raw water pump and impeller last summer. Hope this helps.

Comment

• docster
        TT Newbie
        • Jul 2012

thanks for the replies. I thought it was a bit steep. The only real thing it has going for it is its local. Guess my search continues.

Comment

Working...
        X