Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1987 Prostar 190 - Knoxville, TN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1987 Prostar 190 - Knoxville, TN

    Up for sale is my 1987 Mastercraft Prostar 190 that's just shy of 1100 hours. It is equipped with a PCM 351 with the 1:1 direct drive transmission. The only reason I'm selling is to get a newer, open bow, Mastercraft.

    Lots of new parts and maintenance has been performed by myself and the previous owner. Recently recovered interior and new carpet. Brand new 4160 Holley carb, electronic ignition, fuel pump, fuel line, starter, battery cables, and starter solenoid. Many other new accessories as well.

    Trailer has many upgraded features. New Goodyear Marathon tires, alloy Mastercraft wheels, and breakaway tongue installed by Boatmate.

    The boat has been meticulously maintained and winterized properly each year. New belts, fluids, impellar, filter, etc. It has always been stored indoors and I have a factory MC cover for it. I'm asking $10,500, but will entertain any reasonable offer.

    For more pictures or any questions feel free to email me at montgojr@gmail.com.








  • #2
    Good lookin' Prostar. '87=vent windows...I like those! Good luck with the sale.
    Jack
    -----------------------------------------
    1989 ProStar 190 Power Slot
    Somewhere between SML and LKG

    Comment


    • #3
      Nice Prostar! Beautiful lake, looks like it is Chilhowee? Good luck with the sale!

      Comment


      • #4
        Good eye, that is indeed Chilhowee lake.

        Gotta love the vent widows. Although I don't use them often it's just nice knowing you have something different.

        Comment


        • #5
          Haha, someone beat me too the location. Just prior to the Dragon! Good luck with the sale!

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks, any chance you'd trade across for your x-star?

            But really, your xstar is a beautiful boat. We tied up next to you at the PWT last summer and everything about it is right. Love the black.

            Originally posted by RWB_XSTAR View Post
            Haha, someone beat me too the location. Just prior to the Dragon! Good luck with the sale!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MCpstar View Post
              Thanks, any chance you'd trade across for your x-star?

              But really, your xstar is a beautiful boat. We tied up next to you at the PWT last summer and everything about it is right. Love the black.
              Thanks, it's been a great boat...kinda sad to sell it but had a crazy itch to start a new boat project Perhaps it was 2years ago at PWT? I had to miss this year, but my friends are crazy enough to probablly try to take my boat down while out of town...haha.

              Comment


              • #8
                I've been down there the last couple years so it may not have been last year. Surprisingly I have never taken my boat down. I usually end up finding a ride with with a friend.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Are you sure it is a PCM and not Indmar? If I am not mistaken 1987 would have come with the Indmar.
                  sigpic

                  1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I've been told that before, but from what I can tell it is a PCM. I had a conversation with a former MC employee, who now owns a shop in Maryville, that said some of the earlier 87's came with PCM's. I have no idea if this is true or not.

                    If anyone can shed some light on the subject, I'd be curious to know.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      A picture under the hood will definitely tell!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Haha, I'll have to venture out into the garage with a camera and snap a few.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Pics as requested. Actual hours are 1089



                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Definitely has PCM manifolds....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by MCpstar View Post
                              I've been told that before, but from what I can tell it is a PCM. I had a conversation with a former MC employee, who now owns a shop in Maryville, that said some of the earlier 87's came with PCM's. I have no idea if this is true or not.

                              If anyone can shed some light on the subject, I'd be curious to know.
                              That might very well be true. if they had a few left over from the previous year I am sure they would have used them.

                              That is definitely a PCM in there now.
                              sigpic

                              1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X