Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moye's Xstar

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...Star-101915970

only 03-11 hull they ever put the 7.4 in to my knowledge....

GGGRRRR i wish i was looking for a boat now....

this might top the 40th anniversary edition as my favorite boat ever

Thanks for stirring up the boat lust in me... love this.. part

(dealer cost approx $15000 when new)...ooops
    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post

(dealer cost approx $15000 when new)...ooops
      think they were just talking about the engine

Comment

Originally posted by willyt View Post
        think they were just talking about the engine
        Yes, I agree.

Comment

strange to publish ... oh well... still stirred up the boat lust...
          sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Asking $64000 for a boat that has 835 hours on it. Me thinks there are better deals to be had.
            I love to travel, but hate to arrive. ~~ A. Einstein
            -----
            You donít stop riding because youíre getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.
            -----
            Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a Ride! ~~ Hunter S. Thompson
            -----
            My wakeboard is calling, and I must go ride! ~~ Me

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBoatN View Post
              Asking $64000 for a boat that has 835 hours on it. Me thinks there are better deals to be had.
              My thoughts as well. The "special edition" uniqueness doesn't add that much value, IMO.

Comment

I rode in this boat at the Knoxville pro tour stop the year he go it and it was amazing how much better the boat performs with that much power. It drove better fully loaded than mine does empty. I would not drop that much cash on it but would love the power.

Comment

IMO, I think the price is fair considering its a 2011 with anodised power tower. Typically a 2008 - 2010 not so loaded goes for the same price.

I really like his black & gold flake x-star that had the beach/mocha interior. That was really sharp looking.
                  Current: 2009 X-Star, Indmar 6L, 400hp, ZFT3 tower. c/w 1/9 scale R/C PWT X-Star

Owned:
                  2012 X25
                  2011 X25
                  2009 Moomba LSV
                  2009 Moomba Outback V
                  2008 Monterey FS180
                  Pelican 4 set paddle boat
                  plastic tug boat when I was 4

Comment

I'm sure it was well maintained, but those are 835 hard hours on that drivetrain. (Bet the seats could tell some stories though!)
                    '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

Originally posted by scott023 View Post
                      My thoughts as well. The "special edition" uniqueness doesn't add that much value, IMO.
                      yeah - but it's a good place for the dealer to start negotiating from - but with ya on value...

Comment

Originally posted by Thrall View Post
                        I'm sure it was well maintained, but those are 835 hard hours on that drivetrain. (Bet the seats could tell some stories though!)
                        It should of had a camera so we could get some more pic's in the swim suit thread...just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by bjames View Post
                          IMO, I think the price is fair considering its a 2011 with anodised power tower. Typically a 2008 - 2010 not so loaded goes for the same price.

I really like his black & gold flake x-star that had the beach/mocha interior. That was really sharp looking.

Would you trade your current x-star on it and pay the increased price difference? I think that would be the true test of the value you see in it.

Although I'm sure it was well maintained, I'm also sure it was "well used" as well. E.g. crossing wakes at speed for double-ups, lots of deep water starts with slammed ballast, etc. I think most of us if we were looking for a used boat, would be judging how much it was "pampered" as well.

No doubt that the boat does look good.
                          -----
                          You donít stop riding because youíre getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.
                          -----
                          Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a Ride! ~~ Hunter S. Thompson
                          -----

Comment

Also, I don't put a lot of value in a "power" tower. I'd rather invest the money in a really big garage door.
                            -----
                            -----
                            -----

Comment

Price seems fair to me too. I paid more than that for my 08 last spring but hours were low (~125). 11's are usually in the $70k+ range This one is surely loaded and could be had for around $60k. If you can get past the hours, that's a lot of boat for $60k. Don't love the color but I could get used to it.

Someone is going to get a cool boat for not that much $$.
                              2008 40th Xstar
                              2006 ProStar 197 - sold
                              1992 Ski Nautique
                              1969 Glastron

Comment

Working...
                              X