Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keyless / Push Button Start - Winter Upgrade Promotional Price!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Keyless / Push Button Start - Winter Upgrade Promotional Price!

    Need a winter project, how about a Keyless Push Button Start Switch!!

    $89 winter upgrade promotional price for TT members

    I have one and it works great. TT member tr6courg makes them.

    http://www.wakeblaster.com/products/Push-Button-Starter

    Installation instruction link:

    http://www.wakeblaster.com/installat...tton-start-kit
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BrooksfamX2; 01-10-2013, 09:59 AM.
    MISS "B" HAVEN
    2007 X2, Indmar 350 MCX
    OJ 522 14.75 x 15.5
    2006 F150 SCrew Puller
    http://www.crowniehq.net
    http://banners.wunderground.com/weat.../OR/Albany.gif

  • #2
    Pretty sweet! Work on an older pro star?


    Tapatalk
    1990 prostar 190, 351, powerslot 1.5:1, tinted windows

    Comment


    • #3
      Great project!!!

      second link needs fixed
      http://www.wakeblaster.com/installat...tton-start-kit
      WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE


      Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine

      Comment


      • #4
        Basically, its an electronic control module you mount remotely (under helm or dash) that replaces the key switch. All the wires that were on the switch are connected to the control module and a push button with LED light ring fits into the existing key switch hole.

        The module has a cut-off switch that disables the push button. You can also wire the original key as the cut off switch if you prefer. I have just a standard toggle switch hidden under the dash that enables the push button start. That way when I leave the boat, I throw the toggle and no one will be able to start it unless they know where the switch is.

        The button toggles between OFF, ACC, ON then back to OFF. To start, you push and hold until the engine fires then one push to kill the engine and go back to ACC. In ACC, the ring light pulses (MacBook heartbeat style) and in ON the light is solid.

        Semi-related thread.....

        http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...h+button+start

        Last edited by BrooksfamX2; 01-09-2013, 02:26 PM.
        MISS "B" HAVEN
        2007 X2, Indmar 350 MCX
        OJ 522 14.75 x 15.5
        2006 F150 SCrew Puller
        http://www.crowniehq.net
        http://banners.wunderground.com/weat.../OR/Albany.gif

        Comment


        • #5
          I asked for one for Christmas, but Santa did not pull through. Maybe this discount will work out for my birthday.
          -Cameron
          2007 ProStar 197
          1996 ProStar 190

          Comment


          • #6
            Definitely on my To Do List, just not quite to the top yet.
            - Peter
            TANDEM AXLE PACKAGE - $950 DELIVERED WHEEL IMAGE
            5 14X5.5 T06 WHEELS W/5 ST215/75R14 KENDA LOADSTAR RADIALS SS CENTER CAPS, LUGS, MOUNTED, BALANCED & READY TO INSTALL

            PM or email me for tire, wheel or package pricing.
            CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
            LED lights, Chrome & Powder Coated Lugs
            2 LED 6" BRAKE LIGHTS DELIVERED $25

            tiresplease@gmail.com

            Comment


            • #7
              I really like the look and function of it and almost talk myself into getting one. The only reason I have not pick one up is out of safety concerns. Yes, I'm the old fuddy-duddy. I didn't know you could use the key as cut off switch with it so that does sound a lot better to me.

              Can you turn the ACC on with the kill switch in the off position so the boat cannot be started accidentally?
              Tim
              Gone, surfing.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
                I really like the look and function of it and almost talk myself into getting one. The only reason I have not pick one up is out of safety concerns. Yes, I'm the old fuddy-duddy. I didn't know you could use the key as cut off switch with it so that does sound a lot better to me.

                Can you turn the ACC on with the kill switch in the off position so the boat cannot be started accidentally?
                Yes. If you do not want the boat to crank, just yank the kill switch. My keys are in the ignition 100% of the time, so I see this as being no more dangerous than that... actually a little safer by having the hidden "kill all" switch.
                -Cameron
                2007 ProStar 197
                1996 ProStar 190

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sodar View Post
                  Yes. If you do not want the boat to crank, just yank the kill switch. My keys are in the ignition 100% of the time, so I see this as being no more dangerous than that... actually a little safer by having the hidden "kill all" switch.
                  I guess I should have said toggle switch, the one on the control module.

                  My keys are in the ignition all the time too, but it seems more likely that someone might push a button rather then turn a key by accident is all.
                  Tim
                  Gone, surfing.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
                    I guess I should have said toggle switch, the one on the control module.

                    My keys are in the ignition all the time too, but it seems more likely that someone might push a button rather then turn a key by accident is all.
                    And if they do?? Same thing happens with the key as the button. Safety switch in the shifter does not allow for cranking while in gear. Worst thing that could happen is the motor purrs to life and those on the swim platform get a healthy plume of exhaust!
                    -Cameron
                    2007 ProStar 197
                    1996 ProStar 190

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Sodar View Post
                      And if they do?? Same thing happens with the key as the button. Safety switch in the shifter does not allow for cranking while in gear. Worst thing that could happen is the motor purrs to life and those on the swim platform get a healthy plume of exhaust!
                      And maybe a little poo in their swimsuit!!
                      Tim
                      Gone, surfing.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I have the factory keyless ignition on my 93 Stars and Stripes! I love it.......
                        Ted W

                        Hook Em' Horns

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
                          And maybe a little poo in their swimsuit!!
                          Fish food!
                          -Cameron
                          2007 ProStar 197
                          1996 ProStar 190

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I want this but don't need it!! Now who can let me borrow $90??
                            If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.
                            1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
                            275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
                            Monster Tower & PerfectPass


                            Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!


                            "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
                              And maybe a little poo in their swimsuit!!
                              We've all had a little poo in our swimsuits...

                              Wait... no? I mean...

                              Crap.
                              -Mike

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X