DC/MD/VA Ski Club

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC/MD/VA Ski Club

If your interested in a fun, inexpensive ski club near Washington DC/Northern VA check out the USAF Water Ski Club. We run two boats, a 2000 Mastercraft Prostar 195 and a 1990 Ski Brendella. Feel free to drop me an email or check out the web site. http://www.wns.org/usaf/
    h20andsun01@yahoo.com

Cheers,
    Chip

I'm in DC several times a year. You guys allow visitors??? Aren't you in Charles County somewhere, off the Potomac?
    / \

Former boats:
    2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
    1990 Prostar 190

Comment

If I ever make it up to Air Staff/Pentagon I'll look you guys up.
      Brian

Current: 2000 ProStar 205

Former: 1987 ProStar 190

sigpic

Comment

Where do you usually ski?
        If one day you're asked:
        " How did you spend your time here on Earth?"
        Will you say:
        "I kept a crabgrass free lawn"
        It's time to SKI.

Comment

Location & Visitors

We typically ski on Mattawoman Creek, which is a tributary of the Potomac, near Indian Head MD. About 20 miles south of the beltway on route 210. We lease a private site which has a dock, ramp, pavilion, showers/restrooms, and a large pavilion. We also make occasional trips over to the Pax River

Yes, visitors are welcome, just check with us in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by fly4food
            We typically ski on Mattawoman Creek, which is a tributary of the Potomac, near Indian Head MD. About 20 miles south of the beltway on route 210. We lease a private site which has a dock, ramp, pavilion, showers/restrooms, and a large pavilion. We also make occasional trips over to the Pax River

I know where that is. I bought a pair of Jeep doors off of a guy in indian-head. Quite a drive for me though.
            If one day you're asked:
            " How did you spend your time here on Earth?"
            Will you say:
            "I kept a crabgrass free lawn"
            It's time to SKI.

Comment

Originally posted by fly4food

Is there a ski course at your Mattawoman site? I know there was one on the Patuxent a couple miles downriver from Jug Bay - I skied with the guy who owns/maintains it, he's a park ranger there (or at least he was, I haven't been there in about 6 years).
              / \

Former boats:
              2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
              1990 Prostar 190

Comment

I've been told we have a portable course buried somewhere in the equipment locker, but it hasn't been out during my short tenure. Certianly on the to-do list.

Comment

Working...
                X