1985 S&S Restoration Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1985 S&S Restoration Thread

Everything is official. I bought myself an '85 project boat. I am going to keep a log here of the restoration process for all to see. Here are the details.

1985 S&S PCM 351 Powerslot, 475 hours. All original interior. I am now the third owner. Boat came with the original MC and PCM Owners manuals along with a few very cool promotional literature. Boat has been in storage for the past 5 years. Overall it is in pretty nice shape but just needs a good owner to show it some MC love. Only bummer about the boat is the ugly non-MC trailer. It tows well and the breaks work great but it sure isn't very good looking.

One final note. This boat is FOR SALE! Depending on how far along I am will determine the price. I bought this boat right and will make someone a great deal on the boat. PM me and we can talk.

So now for a few before photos.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy

A side shot with functional but not so pretty trailer.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy

Comment

Someone was a little sloppy with the teak sealer.
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

All original interior. A little dirty but in excellent shape.
        Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

Another interior shot.
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

Powerslot!
            Attached Files
            sigpic

Comment

Dash and gauges all in good shape.
              Attached Files
              sigpic

Comment

462 original hours.
                Attached Files
                sigpic

Comment

She's been asleep for 5 years. Will she run? I think so. A new carb and some fresh fuel should bring life to this old girl.
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

What is the price range you are thinking it to be around? ball park?
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Hoosier Bob
                    She always misses me and when I turn her on it is hard to turn her off! She is MC and she completes me! She is the first ride that wants it as much as I do!

Comment

little bit of eather would fire her right up! :-)
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Hoosier Bob
                      She always misses me and when I turn her on it is hard to turn her off! She is MC and she completes me! She is the first ride that wants it as much as I do!

Comment

One more interior shot. The backseat has the only cracks on the interior. Two small 1 1/2 inch cracks on the cushion.
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic

Comment

A little bit of chalking on the gel. But look around the stars. There is a deep shine under there.
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic

Comment

One more for now. Again a little gel fade but there is life not far under there.
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic

Comment

That looks so much better than the project I'm working on - good shopping!

Comment

Working...
                              X