2002 Mastercraft X5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Mastercraft X5

So night before last I went and picked up a 2002 Mastercraft X5. I got it for 12000 and it is in awesome shape. I was wondering if I got a good deal in it? I was also looking for some cheap tower speakers so any info would help me out. Ill post pics when i can get them off my phone. Thanks.

Here is a pic of the boat
    Attached Files

Comment

Super nice boat, I love that color. I think you got a really good deal on that boat, hell the tower and trailer alone are worth 3 grand plus... To give you an idea, I sold my 2001 Prostar 195 (small open bow version of your boat) with 290 hours in May for $19,000.00.

I have to believe that your boat is super, super rare due to the fact its closed bow and only made one year. (I think)

You will really enjoy that boat. Great ski wake and will do really nice for your wakeboarding needs as well.

Comment

The X5 was made from 2000-2002. It was my luck that the only year they made the closed bow version was 02 haha. i would trade it for an 01 anyday though.

Comment

nice boat.... congrats!! I'd say you got a heck of a deal on that boat closed bow or not.
          1998 Stingray 180LX
          2000 Infinity ZX-1 good riddens
          2003 Prostar TT 197 sold

2007 Prostar TT 197.....special delivery from the dealer 3/18/08 sold 6/7/11

Comment

Originally posted by Mr02X5 View Post
            So night before last I went and picked up a 2002 Mastercraft X5. I got it for 12000 and it is in awesome shape. I was wondering if I got a good deal in it? I was also looking for some cheap tower speakers so any info would help me out. Ill post pics when i can get them off my phone. Thanks.
            Hell of a good deal I think. Think you stole it.

Comment

Looks like a good deal to me - wouldn't part with my 01 PS195 open bow for that.

Comment

Sounds like a good deal to me.
                I've never seen an X5 in yellow -- nice!
                How many hours?
                "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." (Henry Louis Mencken)
                2005 X2, Viper Red, MCX, Acme 1285, PPass, rear 750 sacs, KGB, IBS, Bennett Wake Plate
                (previous) 2001 X5, 1991 TriStar 190

Comment

i think we just put it over 600. i have a problem though, when i fold the tower down, the running light on the rope holder busts from the pressure, anything i can do? thanks and you also have a very nice X5 yourself wheelered.

Comment

Hmm. Mine doesn't have the tower running light so I'm not sure what to suggest. Build some kind of protective wrap or something? Or insert some padding under the tower where it meets the front gunwales so the running light doesn't touch.
                    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." (Henry Louis Mencken)
                    2005 X2, Viper Red, MCX, Acme 1285, PPass, rear 750 sacs, KGB, IBS, Bennett Wake Plate

Comment

Check this out: http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/1887957892.html
                      A 2001 I think . . . for double what you paid for yours!

Comment

Haven't been on here in a while, but i thought you guys would like to hear this. i was talking to the previous owner and when asked when he got it, he said that he got it new in 02, and had to wait to get it from the dealer because waterskimagazine was doing their 02 photoshoot with it. Just thought that would be a cool little detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr02X5 View Post
                          Haven't been on here in a while, but i thought you guys would like to hear this. i was talking to the previous owner and when asked when he got it, he said that he got it new in 02, and had to wait to get it from the dealer because waterskimagazine was doing their 02 photoshoot with it. Just thought that would be a cool little detail.
                          That is really cool. Now you need to find their 02 boat issue with pics of your boat in it. Really great looking boat.
                          - Peter
                          TANDEM AXLE PACKAGE - $950 DELIVERED WHEEL IMAGE
                          5 14X5.5 T06 WHEELS W/5 ST215/75R14 KENDA LOADSTAR RADIALS SS CENTER CAPS, LUGS, MOUNTED, BALANCED & READY TO INSTALL

PM or email me for tire, wheel or package pricing.
                          CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
                          LED lights, Chrome & Powder Coated Lugs
                          2 LED 6" BRAKE LIGHTS DELIVERED $25

tiresplease@gmail.com

Comment

I only fold my tower down for winter storage but,but on my closed bow 1999 Sportstar I just put a couple lifejackets off to the side of the light between the tower and the hull.

Really anything could work to sandwich in between to lift the tower a bit off the hull so you don't damage your light or hull on the bow...

Comment

Working...
                            X