1994 PS 190 help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 PS 190 help

Hey everybody, Got a new to me 1994 PS 190 about a month ago. Absolutly love it!!! There is a black button on the transom side of the throttle handle I have no idea what it is. Does anybody have a clue what I'm talking about? I will try to post a pic tomorrow if I can. I would sure like to know what that is if anybody knows. Thanks!

I stole this pic, but you don't have this throttle?

Name:  431d64a501119deaca66119bcc3bdd57.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  38.6 KB
    Lots of power is good, more is better, too much is just right.

'91 prostar 190

Comment

he must mean the kill switch?
      What does the fox say?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...

Comment

Could be...
        Lots of power is good, more is better, too much is just right.

'91 prostar 190

Comment

pic

I have that throttle, and to the right there is a little black button. From looking at that picture i'm wondering if it was something someone added.??

Comment

Flame thrower.
            Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by east tx skier View Post
              Flame thrower.
              Nope, was only an option on the 93 year model.
              Tim
              Gone, surfing.

Comment

Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
                Nope, was only an option on the 93 year model.
                Correct. The flames shoot out about 4 or 5 feet. Kinda like the old school cars did on the movie Grease.

Almost named the boat "Grease Lightning" because of these cool flames. I'm sure that you could get the upgrade for less than $20 + shipping.
                Rollin' Gangsta Style

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
                If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....

Comment

Kill switch but the lanyard is missing? It looks like a little button. Did I just walk alone into a very dark room?
                  Originally posted by baseman422 View Post
                  I have that throttle, and to the right there is a little black button. From looking at that picture i'm wondering if it was something someone added.??
                  BAREFOOTING: I knew it was gonna hurt when I felt my arse cheeks hit me in the back of my head!

!UOY NAHT RETSAF MA I TUB KNURD EB YAM I

Comment

Nitrous of course.
                    - Peter
                    TANDEM AXLE PACKAGE - $950 DELIVERED WHEEL IMAGE
                    5 14X5.5 T06 WHEELS W/5 ST215/75R14 KENDA LOADSTAR RADIALS SS CENTER CAPS, LUGS, MOUNTED, BALANCED & READY TO INSTALL

PM or email me for tire, wheel or package pricing.
                    CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
                    LED lights, Chrome & Powder Coated Lugs
                    2 LED 6" BRAKE LIGHTS DELIVERED $25

tiresplease@gmail.com

Comment

Turbo boost! I know because my old boat had it

Comment

soundsh. like the lanyard kill switch

Comment

With out a pic I wouldnt know. I know the 91-93 throttles are the same. but the 94 might have the lanyard there instead of on the dash.

Do you have a kill switch on the dash?
                          1991 PROSTAR 190 Flagship Blue POWERSLOT OJ XMP CNC 13.7x17.5 .110 4B
                          A.K.A. One of a kind mistake
                          2011 Best In Show- 1987-2000 class

Trying to keep slalom alive

Need a new prop to fit your needs? Call OJ PROPS 800-359-9730

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid, than to open it and prove it"?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                            Correct. The flames shoot out about 4 or 5 feet. Kinda like the old school cars did on the movie Grease.

Almost named the boat "Grease Lightning" because of these cool flames. I'm sure that you could get the upgrade for less than $20 + shipping.
                            Yup, was called the Danny option!
                            Tim
                            Gone, surfing.

Comment

Haha

Haha, I thought it might be for the retractical wings. So I could fly away!! I'll get a pic up tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X