MasterCraft's Response to Recent Civil Trial Judgement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MasterCraft's Response to Recent Civil Trial Judgement

Obviously, we are disappointed in the outcome of the trial. We believe the evidence established that the MasterCraft X-45 did not cause this accident. While MasterCraft has great compassion for the victims due to the serious nature of their injuries, we continue to believe this accident was caused by an impaired, reckless operator. The jury's verdict affirms that. Rest assured, there are no design problems with the X-45. We fully intend to defend this case in appeals and this will have NO impact on the on-going viability of either MasterCraft or Hydra-Sports.

**applause** ... please post if there is anything that the TT members can do to help in the appeal process!

Comment

I'm going to go wreck my truck and sue Chevy for not telling me that running into a brick wall cause cause injury.
      Lots of power is good, more is better, too much is just right.

'91 prostar 190

Comment

Originally posted by pmkkdx View Post
        **applause** ... please post if there is anything that the TT members can do to help in the appeal process!
        I will second that! MC might be able to use TT to it's advantage. This is a pretty cool place and I for one would be willing to drive down there for the next trial, hold a sign for support and try to bring justice back to the system.
        www.nwboatsports.com
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/NW-Bo...27792007306783

Comment

Somebody else may have to make the sign for him so everything is spelled right and not in crayon.
          Lots of power is good, more is better, too much is just right.

'91 prostar 190

Comment

Originally posted by TTAdmin View Post
            Obviously, we are disappointed in the outcome of the trial. We believe the evidence established that the MasterCraft X-45 did not cause this accident. While MasterCraft has great compassion for the victims due to the serious nature of their injuries, we continue to believe this accident was caused by an impaired, reckless operator. The jury's verdict affirms that. Rest assured, there are no design problems with the X-45. We fully intend to defend this case in appeals and this will have NO impact on the on-going viability of either MasterCraft or Hydra-Sports.
            We had no questions that there are no design flaws in any of the MC lines. Its obvious, even to the blind, that the operator was an idiot, and the people on board with him were not very bright either. I do not even see how you can seat 12 in the bow???
            Thank you for the update, and we stand behind MC 100%!
            1991 PROSTAR 190 Flagship Blue POWERSLOT OJ XMP CNC 13.7x17.5 .110 4B
            A.K.A. One of a kind mistake
            2011 Best In Show- 1987-2000 class

Trying to keep slalom alive

Need a new prop to fit your needs? Call OJ PROPS 800-359-9730

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid, than to open it and prove it"?

Comment

Thank you for the information! GO MC !!!
              2011 X55 6.2 LSA supercharged - white/red/black
              2008 X45 8.1 - red/black (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by flipper View Post
                Somebody else may have to make the sign for him so everything is spelled right and not in crayon.
                Hitting the nail on the head is sometimes so satisfying.
                - Peter
                TANDEM AXLE PACKAGE - $950 DELIVERED WHEEL IMAGE
                5 14X5.5 T06 WHEELS W/5 ST215/75R14 KENDA LOADSTAR RADIALS SS CENTER CAPS, LUGS, MOUNTED, BALANCED & READY TO INSTALL

PM or email me for tire, wheel or package pricing.
                CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
                LED lights, Chrome & Powder Coated Lugs
                2 LED 6" BRAKE LIGHTS DELIVERED $25

tiresplease@gmail.com

Comment

Good for you MC. It's a shame that you're being made the scapegoat for the irresponsibility of one person.

Comment

Its a sad day when everyone become Sue happy, Congrats MC for standing your ground

Comment

12 people in the bow, geeze. Someone falls overboard and you keep it in gear. Stupid is as stupid does.

Have no idea how 12 people can be so stupid either. It would be better for MC to spend 500K fighting this than paying it. It's about the principle now.

GO MC!
                      2006 Maristar 200VRS MCX
                      KGB Ballast and all the works!

Tow Veh: 2010 Toyota Tundra
                      Bike: 2007 HD Street Glide

Beer:Sam Adams Boston Lager/ Cherry Wheat, Petes

Strawberry Blonde, Petes Wicked Ale

Chief Petty Officer: "Results not excuses"

"You Can't Beat a Tree"

Comment

Nice to see a judge didn't bother to stop the plaintiff's attorneys from playing to the emotional members of the jury when the case was supposed to be about facts. Any chance they were all women?

Comment

Only in California.
                          Automatic doors make me feel like a Jedi

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
                            12 people in the bow, geeze. Someone falls overboard and you keep it in gear. Stupid is as stupid does.

Have no idea how 12 people can be so stupid either. It would be better for MC to spend 500K fighting this than paying it. It's about the principle now.

GO MC!
                            I just read the article myself. He had twelve of the 19 people in the bow????? Why would you pack everyone into the front of the boat like that? I guess now all boat builders will have to attach a seating chart to the hull. He admits that the boat was over the limit for people, was the weight ever mentioned? So, making the front large is a "flaw".

They went after MC because they had the big bucks, not the idiot driver or his insurance company. The lawyers comment makes me sick:

"This is the power of democracy at work in communicating to the manufacturer that they have to take basic steps to do the right thing," Dreyer said.
                            Last edited by ahhudgins; 06-09-2011, 10:18 PM.
                            “You realize your odds of winning the lottery are the same as being mauled by a polar bear and a regular bear in the same day”….E-Trade Baby.

Comment

hopes and prayers that mc can bury this a-hole.
                              2000 ProStar 190, 2003 ProStar 197TT

Comment

Working...
                              X