Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• went fishing last night

No… I really did. Here’s the story:

So leave work around 5 to put the boat in for the brad paisley/blake Shelton concert at riverbend (which was awesome btw). People show up, and we head off to do a little riding before the concert. Roommate (craftless) finally figures out how to blow into the flats… so we’re all having a good time watching him trying to land it. And then it happens:

As I’m pulling around to pick him up, glance ahead of us, don’t see anything. Look back, put the boat in idle and what washes to the surface from the prop wash… a fish! Kinda laughed about it at first and just continued riding. Then I’m wondering today… how often to people hit fish with their props?

Gat gum fish rite der gunna be dinnar!!!!

I hit a 2 foot carp last month. Poor thing...
    1991 PROSTAR 190 Flagship Blue POWERSLOT OJ XMP CNC 13.7x17.5 .110 4B
    A.K.A. One of a kind mistake
    2011 Best In Show- 1987-2000 class

Trying to keep slalom alive

Need a new prop to fit your needs? Call OJ PROPS 800-359-9730

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid, than to open it and prove it"?

Comment

oh yea... forgot to add, fish that i hit was about that big too

Comment

Good story.
        Automatic doors make me feel like a Jedi

Comment

I ran over a softshelled turtle too with my ski once. It startled me so bad I wipe out....

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid, than to open it and prove it"?

Comment

[QUOTE=DooSPX;762989]I ran over a softshelled turtle too with my ski once. It startled me so bad I wipe out....[/QUOTe

Boarding on the river one day a friend ran over a water moccasin on his board.

Comment

DAMN! I would have shiat myself! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by DooSPX View Post
                DAMN! I would have shiat myself! LOL
                He hit it when he was cutting out.

Comment

Was out on my neighbor's super air nautique last year and he was wakeboarding. The boat scared about a 2 ft carp out of the water. It jumped up and hit him right in the shoulder/chest and knocked him down.

Comment

We used to run over Mud Hens on Big Bear Lake with our ski. Boat was out of the no wake buoy, we would ski in and thump them on the head. Feel bad now, but back then it was a lot of fun. Feathers on the leg hair.....

Comment

On Lake Travis several years ago, I saw, I kid you not, probably about a 6 foot snake swimming across this cove that we ride in.

Soooo.....what did I do? I drove directly at that sucker and chopped it up to pieces. You could literally feel the prop hit the snake. This was on our old Malibu so no MC props were injured during the execution of this! hah

Comment

[QUOTE=DemolitionMan;762993]
                        Originally posted by DooSPX View Post
                        I ran over a softshelled turtle too with my ski once. It startled me so bad I wipe out....[/QUOTe

Boarding on the river one day a friend ran over a water moccasin on his board.
                        Holy lick. That would be a little concerning to say the least.

Comment

I had a mullet jump in the boat while we were going about 25 mph. Scared the snot out of my 3 year old.

Comment

I was riding an old school air chair like 6 years ago when I was landing my wake roll I felt the ski stall out like I hit something. My buddy said there is a fish behind you. It was a large mouth bass that was like 7 or 8 lbs and like 20" long. Gotta pic somewhere.
                            Rollin' Gangsta Style

"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
                            If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwire View Post
                              I had a mullet jump in the boat while we were going about 25 mph. Scared the snot out of my 3 year old.
                              A mullet? Was it Keith Stone?

Comment

Working...
                              X