Tige RZ2 vs. X25

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tige RZ2 vs. X25

Just the hard facts, for the same or slightly less cash for the Tige...?

(hate the new MC towers whereas Tige's looks like it was sculpted by the gods)

two friends of mine have the new Tige RZ2's and the upholstery is already ripping along the seams.......No factory ballast, the drivers console is too tall and hard to see over, the pickle fork is very narrow and not near as roomy as the x25........just my 2 cents....

Comment

Tower, wetsounds=good. Graphics are finally starting to get better. Hate the Tige interiors. Cheap and not up to par with MC, BU or even 2012 MB's.
      www.nwboatsports.com
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/NW-Bo...27792007306783

Comment

Originally posted by sand2snow22 View Post
        Tower, wetsounds=good. Graphics are finally starting to get better. Hate the Tige interiors. Cheap and not up to par with MC, BU or even 2012 MB's.
        It looks cheap.
        Automatic doors make me feel like a Jedi

Comment

I would be, and am, looking at the V226 with the new illusion tower and 2012 graphics. I am not sure which graphics but I like the boat, and it is around 60k new. Hope these links work. I know, not a Mastercraft to some. Worth a look.

2000 210VRS

Comment

That is a sweet boat, but I would take a brand new MB TWB for $10k less any day of the week and twice on Sunday.....
            www.nwboatsports.com
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/NW-Bo...27792007306783

Comment

I tested 3 times a RZ2 and ended up with the X-25 while the RZ2 was nice it was far from the the MX-25 in quality or ride. The RZ2 was noisy and had a funny feel to it maybe due to all the ballast required compared to the X-25 ? you could here the water hitting the hull the interior was very cheap and was 8K less ? in three years that 8k will be double in value loss for the RZ2. The Tige is not a bad boat but I don't think you can compare it to a MC and this time. The only thing I liked more was the touch screen and my new boat came with that ! The sides of the RZ2 are as ugly as they come ...

Comment

I did not even know that they still made supreme. The most HP you can get in there boat is 340.
                Automatic doors make me feel like a Jedi

Comment

Originally posted by DemolitionMan View Post
                  I did not even know that they still made supreme. The most HP you can get in there boat is 340.
                  That Supreme is a nice looking boat. I know nothing about there quality or wake, but I like the external appearance.
                  2008 X star, 2005 X2

Comment

Originally posted by vision View Post
                    That Supreme is a nice looking boat. I know nothing about there quality or wake, but I like the external appearance.
                    The surf wake is supposed to be second to none. I am setting up a test drive to see what I think about the build quality. I want to see it hit some big waves and not rattle and twist. It does look very good and it has a large interior.
                    2000 210VRS

Comment

I have no question the MC is a better boat but the tower.....

Comment

Originally posted by Gabe63 View Post
                        The surf wake is supposed to be second to none. I am setting up a test drive to see what I think about the build quality. I want to see it hit some big waves and not rattle and twist. It does look very good and it has a large interior.
                        I've read that Chase Hazen has moved over to an X35 for surfing now. I'm thinking if one of the top 2 pro riders has switch there must be a reason for it and as far as I know MC is not sponsoring any surfers.
                        Tim
                        Gone, surfing.

Comment

We have a neighbor at the lake with a new ( 2011 ) Supreme Surf. Boat looks OK, but it sounds like an old straight pipe exhaust. Very loud from behind the boat. They headed out one morning at full throttle headed down the lake and the sound was horrible, sorta like it had a miss to it. They must of really cheaped out on the exhaust. Maybe I just have bad memories. We bought a Ski Supreme Medalist new in 1996 and had a lot of issues with it.

Comment

I'd never buy a Tige, but their tower is MUCH better looking than MC's.
                            If you don't fall, you're not trying hard enough.

Comment

before i bought my 07 x2, i looked at the tige rz2. pretty sure it was their first with with that model. anyway that had both a x2 and a rz2 at the tulsa boat show. i went thru both like a fine tooth comb and there was NO comparison to the quality that the mc had over tige. everything just seemed cheap in the tige. i have not been in one since.

i do have a friend who lives in utah that just bought a rz4 and he loves the big boat! he said it was much cheaper than the x45.

different strokes for different folks!

Comment

Working...
                              X