2013 X25 vs X30

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 X25 vs X30

I would like your opinions on the 2013 X25 vs X30. My wife and I are looking at purchasing a NEW boat and we had a X30 out for the day last weekend, we fell in love with the boat. I know the pickle fork style has been a huge success, but I really like the new X30 / X10. What do you guys think. X30 seems to be better pricing and has some of the options of the X-Star IE the new convertible rear seat etc.
    Attached Files

That X-30 is better equipped than my X-25.

Comment

What do you do for water sports?

Do you want the amazing legacy X-25
      Or the awesome new X-30.

Both are great options depending what you do.

Comment

the 30 was the answer for me. almost identical boat except I have white decals. don't think you can go wrong with either

Comment

that boat is beautiful!!!! That would be my choice
          sigpic

Comment

for me it would all come down to wake performance. what do you do on the water?

Comment

Its hard to say from just that one picture.. what does the x25 have laying on the back hatch?

Comment

If you are a very serious wakeboarder, go with the X25.

If you are a recreational wakeboarder, and also like to surf...... Either one is going to be excellent.

Comment

Also, the X25 is 21.5' whereas the X30 is 23'. So if your limited to storage space, the X25 may be a good choice. I would suggest taking a X25 for a test drive so that you can experience both.
                  Current: 2009 X-Star, Indmar 6L, 400hp, ZFT3 tower. c/w 1/9 scale R/C PWT X-Star

Owned:
                  2012 X25
                  2011 X25
                  2009 Moomba LSV
                  2009 Moomba Outback V
                  2008 Monterey FS180
                  Pelican 4 set paddle boat
                  plastic tug boat when I was 4

Comment

x30

My wife and i Love ours. Great Surf Wake, Great Wakeboard wake, and We like the Ski Wake better than the one our our X14V. Be sure to get the trim tab. I am having surf tabs installed now at Portland Ski Boat Center, so we will have to see if that makes a big difference on the surf wake. I wouldnt go any smaller that the 6.0 motor. My boat will be there until Saturday if you want to go take a look at it.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The X-30 is a great boat, we love it. I only have the 5.7 in mine and it pulls around my 4500lb boat and 2500 of ballast nicely when there is bow weight. Make sure to get the trim tab as mentioned above. Here are some pics of the boat & wake.
                      Attached Files
                      2013 X-30, 6.0L with 2500lbs of ballast and 500 lbs of lead.
                      sigpic

Comment

I have the same delima. Testing boats in similar conditions with the way we load our boats with typical gear and people is a pita.

I have heard the 30 does not take big lake boat chop as well as a 25 but at 1'7" greater length, that must mean that the 30 does not cut through very well?

We wakeboard more than we surf but we are looking for a thrilling ride. I don't mind plumbing in extra ballast but refuse to have it in the way if that makes a difference.

Comment

I'll echo what the other X-30 owners have said here.

Ours cuts through chop really well and we always get a lot of compliments on what a smooth ride it is, even on the busiest days.

Since others have posted their sleds I figured I'd do the same:

X-30

Comment

You will get an excellent wakeboard wake and wurf wave if all you do is add 750's to the rear. I rode it tonight with about 9 people in the boat and the wake was the biggest I have hit, just enormous. All the other riders kept commenting how giant the wake seemed. Then empty one side and slow it down to 10.5 and the surf wave is magical.

We are really starting to get the boat dialed and I love it more each time we go out now.

Originally posted by MileHiGuy247 View Post
                            I have the same delima. Testing boats in similar conditions with the way we load our boats with typical gear and people is a pita.

I have heard the 30 does not take big lake boat chop as well as a 25 but at 1'7" greater length, that must mean that the 30 does not cut through very well?

We wakeboard more than we surf but we are looking for a thrilling ride. I don't mind plumbing in extra ballast but refuse to have it in the way if that makes a difference.
                            sigpic

Comment

Also when weighted we usually ride with the plate all the way up. I need to get some pics of the wake.

Originally posted by MileHiGuy247 View Post

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X