Steel Blue Interior 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steel Blue Interior 2013

Anyone have any pics of the Steel Blue interior cloth?

Am thinking of going with Silver Flake and Canadian Blue Flake on the exterior of my 2013 X? and was wondering if the blue steel trim would be a better choice than the navy blue.
    Last edited by Nick911; 11-03-2012, 12:01 AM.

What did you decide to order, platform wise? an X30?

Comment

Undecided yet prob need to do another trip to dealer to look some more.

Both boats have pros and cons but I think I am leaning towards X25 for four major reasons:

1) Transom seats
      2) Deep Vee for smoother ride
      3) Shorter by almost 2 feet (easier fit into garage)
      4) Better looking IMO without the hips plus like the gel scheme better, especially considering you can't have two different flakes touching now

Comment

Nick - I have not seen the Steel Blue, I am doing a very similar scheme, Canadian Flake on the back but with Gun Metal Gray Metallic instead of Silver. First I heard 2 flakes can't touch, whats the deal on that? DaB let's you do it There is not a really good interior color match for Canadian IMO, but I am staying away from a lot of color in the interior, just want something different from my X2.

Pretty well decided on Carbon Platinum base, Black and Navy for the piping for just a touch of color. Also, undecided on the platform... go Metal flake or black, concerned with scratch's

Pretty set on Slider 2 attached, but my son thinks it is to much Flake, but hey, it's my money Also, just noticed the build sheet from the new DaB is messed up, list the exterior colors twice. And yes definite on the BTS windshield, drove a 30 with it and it is the S&%t. Looks kind of funky in pictures, but in person it is hot, goes well with the ZFT4 tower and really nice for the driver.

Also, confirmed with my dealer on the 25 tracking fin debate, standard on 6.2 and Pro-Package only, strange, but it is what it is...
        Attached Files

Comment

I've been debating gun metal as well as opposed to the silver, my other 25 had it and I loved it. I wasn't sure how well they'd match though. Either way based on your interior sounds like we are doing pretty much same boat. I'm also doing a custom Deckadence Carpet with MC logo.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsCraft View Post
            Nick - I have not seen the Steel Blue, I am doing a very similar scheme, Canadian Flake on the back but with Gun Metal Gray Metallic instead of Silver. First I heard 2 flakes can't touch, whats the deal on that? DaB let's you do it There is not a really good interior color match for Canadian IMO, but I am staying away from a lot of color in the interior, just want something different from my X2.

Pretty well decided on Carbon Platinum base, Black and Navy for the piping for just a touch of color. Also, undecided on the platform... go Metal flake or black, concerned with scratch's
            Did you see the picture of Texas MC X-Star in their thread over at WakeWorld? Didn't have the flake, but similar blue, gray, black colors. I thought they killed it on their interior color choices:
            http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...=795185&page=3
            2006 Maristar 200 SS

Comment

^^was that steel blue inside?

Comment

Originally posted by MattsCraft View Post

Pretty set on Slider 2 attached, but my son thinks it is to much Flake, but hey, it's my money Also, just noticed the build sheet from the new DaB is messed up, list the exterior colors twice. And yes definite on the BTS windshield, drove a 30 with it and it is the S&%t. Looks kind of funky in pictures, but in person it is hot, goes well with the ZFT4 tower and really nice for the driver.

Also, confirmed with my dealer on the 25 tracking fin debate, standard on 6.2 and Pro-Package only, strange, but it is what it is...
                Yeah, talk to you dealer and ask about whether the two flakes can touch. My dealer says they will not do this anymore because the colors were running into each other or something. Boats look great though, cant wait to see pics. My last 25 had lots of black and it showed all the scratches, so much that I will not do black again.

Comment

By the way, how were you able to save your build-a-boats and add them here?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick911 View Post
                    By the way, how were you able to save your build-a-boats and add them here?
                    You have to be logged in/registered user, then you have the option to save as PDF.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick911 View Post
                      Yeah, talk to you dealer and ask about whether the two flakes can touch. My dealer says they will not do this anymore because the colors were running into each other or something. Boats look great though, cant wait to see pics. My last 25 had lots of black and it showed all the scratches, so much that I will not do black again.

Me thinks there is a reason boats have been mostly white all these years. Every time I see a boat that is mostly dark colored gel I think much rubbing and buffing I would have to be doing to keep it to a satisfactory shine. On the other hand, I do like looking at the pictures of them...
                      I love to travel, but hate to arrive. ~~ A. Einstein
                      -----
                      You donít stop riding because youíre getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.
                      -----
                      Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a Ride! ~~ Hunter S. Thompson
                      -----
                      My wakeboard is calling, and I must go ride! ~~ Me

Comment

Doesnt make sense not being able to have 2 metal flakes adjacent to each other. I would tell MMS to submit the color scheme with the 2 adjacent flakes shown on the DaB. I would say if the DaB allow it, then they should be able to built it that way. it doesnt cost anything to submit the design. Considering how much your paying for your boat, they should do it.

If they say the colors bleed, then something is wrong with their process. If the flake bleeds, would the solid color bleed too?

Taken delivery of my last X25 only proves that the salesmen is not always right.. trust me on this one
                        Current: 2009 X-Star, Indmar 6L, 400hp, ZFT3 tower. c/w 1/9 scale R/C PWT X-Star

Owned:
                        2012 X25
                        2011 X25
                        2009 Moomba LSV
                        2009 Moomba Outback V
                        2008 Monterey FS180
                        Pelican 4 set paddle boat
                        plastic tug boat when I was 4

Comment

What happened?
                          2013 X-30, 6.0L with 2500lbs of ballast and 500 lbs of lead.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X