My Factory Tour on Monday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Factory Tour on Monday

Well, I can mark an item off of my bucket list! My wife and I tripped to Venore on Monday to see our X30 in production and have the factory tour. Kudos to Josh (head of marketing) for taking his time with us and giving us a great tour. The whole deal was awe-inspiring. Our X30 (red and silver flake pictured below) was having the gel coat inspected prior to rolling down the assembly line. They told us that it only takes about 1.5 days to get finished up once it starts down the line. He said to build a boat it takes about 3 weeks. The first two weeks consists of ordering materials. The actual build is only 5-7 days. 3-4 days with molds and fiberglass, etc. Then a day and a half for actually assembly.
    Attached Files

Do any of you recognize your boat?
    Attached Files

Comment

Josh told me that this is Andrew Adkinson's new XStar. Almost every boat we saw in production was either the X30 or XStar with the XStar being the most common. We saw a couple of X10's, X55's, one X45, and one X25 (give or take). This was out of a total of some 30-40 boats in various stages of completion. We also saw a rare Prostar being built (like 1 or 2).
      Attached Files

Comment

My oh My..........

Comment

XStar most common? Wow!

Comment

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. Post more pics if you have them.
            www.nwboatsports.com
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/NW-Bo...27792007306783

Comment

Originally posted by Nick911 View Post
              XStar most common? Wow!

Yep, the X30 wasn't too far behind, and I was surprised to see several X55's -which look huge by the way when you just look at the empty hulls- but the Star is dominating the production lines.
              Attached Files

Comment

Great pics
                "Hey baby want to make fourteen dollars the hard way?"--Rondhey Dangerfeild-Caddy Shack.

"Was it over when the German's bombed pearl harbor ?"
                ---Animal house

Comment

How many 10's?
                  www.nwboatsports.com
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/NW-Bo...27792007306783

Comment

Originally posted by AZX45OD View Post
                    Josh told me that this is Andrew Adkinson's new XStar. Almost every boat we saw in production was either the X30 or XStar with the XStar being the most common. We saw a couple of X10's, X55's, one X45, and one X25 (give or take). This was out of a total of some 30-40 boats in various stages of completion. We also saw a rare Prostar being built (like 1 or 2).
                    PATCHING CART

Comment

Any chance you have any pics of the "rare" Prostars? My '13 should be working its way through the line any day now.
                      Last edited by cincyskier; 11-30-2012, 09:13 AM.
                      2015 Prostar - Tournament Team
                      Cincinnati Mastercraft
                      www.cincymc.com

UC Waterski Team - Coach
                      www.ucwaterski.com

Comment

Nice!
                        MISS "B" HAVEN
                        2007 X2, Indmar 350 MCX
                        OJ 522 14.75 x 15.5
                        2006 F150 SCrew Puller
                        http://www.crowniehq.net
                        http://banners.wunderground.com/weat.../OR/Albany.gif

Comment

Looking forward to the day I finally make the pilgrimage.
                          - Peter
                          TANDEM AXLE PACKAGE - $950 DELIVERED WHEEL IMAGE
                          5 14X5.5 T06 WHEELS W/5 ST215/75R14 KENDA LOADSTAR RADIALS SS CENTER CAPS, LUGS, MOUNTED, BALANCED & READY TO INSTALL

PM or email me for tire, wheel or package pricing.
                          CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
                          LED lights, Chrome & Powder Coated Lugs
                          2 LED 6" BRAKE LIGHTS DELIVERED $25

tiresplease@gmail.com

Comment

Awesome pics and daaannnnngggg your X-30 looks awesome!

I thought that was our X-10 that just arrived today but ours is on a black trailer.
                            www.waterskis.com
                            http://www.facebook.com/waterskis

Comment

Looks like a great time....jealous....And who said we may still be in a recession???

Comment

Working...
                              X