Missing My '86 Skier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing My '86 Skier

Seeing all of these pics of old S&S boats is really making me miss and regret selling my '86. Here are some pics of it for memory's sake. Name:  268667adc103ae70e52ba398b6fbd43a.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  49.6 KBName:  cbe05e70434128d2e2f4f3172c928285.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  93.6 KBName:  83777da2222e05c5e2ee7610ec57dbdf.jpg
Size:  96.1 KBName:  5429ee08fb850ece92151c5d53087d3b.jpg
Size:  64.7 KBName:  b29371bd8d27047706db948722ccd504.jpg
Size:  53.9 KBName:  b79ef7756b3a368f81db0dd88ad8ce5f.jpg
Size:  57.6 KBName:  81bc5cb18ec87dc03dd10ab0e0605e84.jpg
Size:  49.9 KBName:  268667adc103ae70e52ba398b6fbd43a.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  49.6 KB

I've been thinking of picking up one of these old boats as a good long term project.....

I'd miss that boat too!

Comment

No doubt.......great looking boat. Picking up a project is a great way to get back without laying out a huge chunk of cash. I bought a project I/O for $500, put $400 into it and swapped it for my boat on 2008.
      - Peter
      TANDEM AXLE PACKAGE - $950 DELIVERED WHEEL IMAGE
      5 14X5.5 T06 WHEELS W/5 ST215/75R14 KENDA LOADSTAR RADIALS SS CENTER CAPS, LUGS, MOUNTED, BALANCED & READY TO INSTALL

PM or email me for tire, wheel or package pricing.
      CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
      LED lights, Chrome & Powder Coated Lugs
      2 LED 6" BRAKE LIGHTS DELIVERED $25

tiresplease@gmail.com

Comment

do you know who has it...can you go visit it?
        sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

I used to, it's been almost 10 years now, he used to call to complain anytime something broke or if there was a wiring issue that popped up.

Comment

I feel your pain. I sold my '86 Skier in 2003 when I bought my 197. For years I wanted that boat back. Just recently sold my 2003 197 and I'm definitely having withdrawal. Selling a car is no problem for me. But selling my boats has been like losing a piece of the family.

I hope this feeling passes.

Comment

Beautiful boat! I'm sure letting that one go hurt. For me, getting over the old boat is usually accomplished by getting the "new" boat. Still, you never forget the really good ones.
              Bill

Comment

I agree. Boats and dogs are family. I still miss my 83.

Comment

That is one of the finest interiors from that vintage I've ever seen. Whoever was responsible for producing that interior did a beautiful job!

Comment

Originally posted by MASTIQUE View Post
                    I used to, it's been almost 10 years now, he used to call to complain anytime something broke or if there was a wiring issue that popped up.
                    Sorry to hear about the complaining part - but it's boat... sweet ride though.
                    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

I'd certainly miss it too. That interior is fantastic.
                      Mike B

Comment

Unless a member of my family is in medical trouble or something equally serious I wont ever sell mine, I will just pass it down after I bite the dust to my son.

JTR
                        1983 MasterCraft Stars and Stripes
                        Cream/Red Metal Flake
                        "Powerslot"
                        "The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of GREED-the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of all men will pass, and dictators die and the power they took from the people will return to the people and so long as men die Liberty will never perish."
                        -Charles Chaplin-
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 03geetee View Post
                          Unless a member of my family is in medical trouble or something equally serious I wont ever sell mine, I will just pass it down after I bite the dust to my son.

JTR
                          My plans as well. I could see doing a few project boats in the future with the intention to turn them though.
                          - Peter
                          TANDEM AXLE PACKAGE - $950 DELIVERED WHEEL IMAGE
                          5 14X5.5 T06 WHEELS W/5 ST215/75R14 KENDA LOADSTAR RADIALS SS CENTER CAPS, LUGS, MOUNTED, BALANCED & READY TO INSTALL

PM or email me for tire, wheel or package pricing.
                          CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
                          LED lights, Chrome & Powder Coated Lugs
                          2 LED 6" BRAKE LIGHTS DELIVERED $25

tiresplease@gmail.com

Comment

I'll never sell mine either. I am leaving instructions on using it for an "old captains" or "Viking funeral" vessel. Full of old skis for kindling headed north into Lake Superior with wife and friends shooting flameing arrows at it.

Comment

Mastique, thanks for sharing those photos. How many members still own an '86?

How would everyone feel about transforming this thread into the ultimate 1986 photo repository? Whether you currently own an '86 or like Mastique you miss an old friend, let's share some photos. This request is shamelessly self serving as I just purchased an '86 as my first Mastercraft.

Comment

Working...
                              X