Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Real Mastercraft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Real Mastercraft

    After reading this goof balls posts about "real Mastercraft " owners and people that sport the sticker and shirt but only own a vintage Mastercraft , it got me thinking. I almost feel the opposite. To me the real " Mastercraft " owners and the ones that should sport the sticker are those with the slalom boats. To me Mastercraft has always been and will be a slalom boat, regardless of how many wake boats they produce and sell now. Hopefully they never lose sight of their heritage. Those who own the wakeboard boats should have to say "x series Mastercraft"! That way I know who is a purist water skier and who is the new generation wakeboarder.

    Thoughts.

  • #2
    Agree, 110%. However, I don't frown on my TT brothers & sisters for them owning a V-Drive or X Boat.... Can't we all just get along??
    If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

    1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
    275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
    Monster Tower & PerfectPass


    Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!


    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams

    Comment


    • #3
      What about the "hybrid posers" like me who take a perfectly good, flat wake producing ski boat and put a tower on it, and add a bunch of ballast? Guess either I am confused or stuck somewhere in between....

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by rodltg2 View Post
        After reading this goof balls posts about "real Mastercraft " owners and people that sport the sticker and shirt but only own a vintage Mastercraft , it got me thinking. I almost feel the opposite. To me the real " Mastercraft " owners and the ones that should sport the sticker are those with the slalom boats. To me Mastercraft has always been and will be a slalom boat, regardless of how many wake boats they produce and sell now. Hopefully they never lose sight of their heritage. Those who own the wakeboard boats should have to say "x series Mastercraft"! That way I know who is a purist water skier and who is the new generation wakeboarder.

        Thoughts.
        Im on your side also.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Can't believe this is still going on...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by nickespi View Post
            Can't believe this is still going on...
            I think this one is just getting started....
            1996 ProStar 190
            PCM ZR6 W/ Zero Off

            Comment


            • #7
              Real MC owner here.....4 MC's since 1994.

              Somedays I like to ski or barefoot, somedays I like to wakeboard or wakesurf.
              Currently a 2-boat owner....'93 Prostar Limited and '05 X-star.

              So Rod do I qualify as a "Real Mastercraft owner"?
              I was njskier on here.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Tristarboarder View Post
                What about the "hybrid posers" like me who take a perfectly good, flat wake producing ski boat and put a tower on it, and add a bunch of ballast? Guess either I am confused or stuck somewhere in between....
                I guess I'm a Hybrid Poser as well since I like to ski, barefoot, kneeboard and wakeboard. That's why I love my boat...
                If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

                1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
                275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
                Monster Tower & PerfectPass


                Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!


                "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams

                Comment


                • #9
                  Disagree. Seems a bit snobby to me. We all know "skiers" don't care for "boarders" and this kind of prepetuates it.

                  It's been wakeboarding and surfing that have kept the inboard market alive for the past 10 years. Like it or not the newer generations like standing sideways and doing jumps, and are less interested in uncomfortable stances and going really fast. It's the "sideways" movement that saved the snow ski industry too. Oh ya, if MC was only in the business of slalom boats, well I would say they probably wouldn't still be in business.

                  With all that said I have the upmost respect for Slalom skiers and the skills they have. It's a tough sport and takes a lot of practice. I got to really try it for the first time this past summer and it was much more fun then I expected. I plan to definitley do more and get a ski but you won't see me giving up wakeboarding anytime soon.
                  2013 X-30, 6.0L with 2500lbs of ballast and 500 lbs of lead.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I must clarify , no one is a poser. Skier or not. Just seems like the " Mastercraft" name goes hand and hand with waterskiing !

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Double D View Post
                      Agree, 110%. However, I don't frown on my TT brothers & sisters for them owning a V-Drive or X Boat.... Can't we all just get along??
                      Untill I joined this forum I didn't even know Mastercraft made a v-drive or x boat

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        And I must clarify, my "poser" comment was simply making more fun of that dumb sh*t from a couple of days ago that we all have had so much fun razzing....The bottom line is we all enjoy being out on the open water enjoying a multitude of various watersports, and we are fortunate enough to have the best product available...whether back in 1978 or 2013.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Tristarboarder View Post
                          And I must clarify, my "poser" comment was simply making more fun of that dumb sh*t from a couple of days ago that we all have had so much fun razzing....The bottom line is we all enjoy being out on the open water enjoying a multitude of various watersports, and we are fortunate enough to have the best product available...whether back in 1978 or 2013.
                          'nuff said! - and said very well!
                          sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jerseydave View Post
                            Real MC owner here.....4 MC's since 1994.

                            Somedays I like to ski or barefoot, somedays I like to wakeboard or wakesurf.
                            Currently a 2-boat owner....'93 Prostar Limited and '05 X-star.

                            So Rod do I qualify as a "Real Mastercraft owner"?
                            Sounds like the best of both worlds to me.
                            - Peter
                            TANDEM AXLE PACKAGE $950 DELIVERED
                            5 14X5.5 T06 WHEELS W/5 ST215/75R14 KENDA LOADSTAR RADIALS SS CENTER CAPS, LUGS, MOUNTED, BALANCED & READY TO INSTALL


                            PM or email me for tire, wheel or package pricing.
                            CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
                            LED lights, Chrome & Powder Coated Lugs
                            2 LED 6" BRAKE LIGHTS DELIVERED $25

                            tiresplease@gmail.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              realmastercraft is just an idiot who likes to get people all upset, and these couple of threads proves he's very good at it. What you do with your boat is entirely up to the owner, and if it's a Mastercraft of any age or style, you are a real Mastercraft owner. Don't give this jerk the satisfaction of posting on his threads.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X