Ever seen this before?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever seen this before?

A Cobalt competition ski boat? I've definitely never heard of it!

http://nashville.craigslist.org/boa/3717500462.html
    2001 ProStar 209

New to me, but that's not saying much. Why would he trade for a Yamaha boat?? Hello???
    If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
    275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
    Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams

Comment

Everyone these days is considering their boat a competition boat once they throw on a tower.

Comment

Yep, reminds me of the SkiRay

Comment

$24k hahahahaha

Comment

I sat in one at the boat show in Raleigh in the late 90's. Very nice fit and finish, I was told the wake was not that great, and pretty hard.

Comment

Broke the mold??? I am sure they sold it...lol... that dash sure looks familiar...
              sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Originally posted by Double D View Post
                New to me, but that's not saying much. Why would he trade for a Yamaha boat?? Hello???
                If he's in Danville, he's probably near Herrington Lake. Lots of crap floating, I'd have loved the idea of no running gear hanging down when we were living on that lake. Never had a problem, but many did. Somewhat of a luck of the draw situation. Too bad, as it is otherwise a very cool lake.
                I spent most of my money on booze, broads and boats. The rest I wasted. - Elmore Leonard

Comment

The price didn't even register, I was too busy laughing. I can't imagine paying $24k for that
                  2001 ProStar 209

Comment

Cobalt made them for a couple years, but they never really caught on. The hull was very similar to the Toyota Epic, from what I have been told. I skied one back in 2000 and I thought it skied very well. Either way, it was built with Cobalt quality and was a very nice production boat.
                    -Cameron
                    2007 ProStar 197
                    1996 ProStar 190

Comment

Originally posted by snork View Post
                      My thoughts exactly
                      '97 Prostar 190 - LT-1

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.

Comment

Originally posted by snork View Post
                        Originally posted by JohnE View Post
                        My thoughts exactly
                        I actually liked the look of the SkiRay. Saw them do a Ski show at Epcot back in 1992 and they used SkiRay's.
                        If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
                        275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
                        Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
                          My thoughts exactly
                          Cobalt put out a quality product back then. My wife's uncle has a Ski Ray OB. It's an okay boat, but the wake is a little harsh. It was AWSA approved in the early 90s. Not sure if the Cobalts had that approval or not.
                          Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by east tx skier View Post
                            Cobalt put out a quality product back then. My wife's uncle has a Ski Ray OB. It's an okay boat, but the wake is a little harsh. It was AWSA approved in the early 90s. Not sure if the Cobalts had that approval or not.
                            There is a guy on one of the lakes we ski at in Northern Wisconsin with a Ski Ray OB. Very cool boat. They foot behind it a a fair amount.

Found this pic on the google

- Peter
                            TANDEM AXLE PACKAGE - $950 DELIVERED WHEEL IMAGE
                            5 14X5.5 T06 WHEELS W/5 ST215/75R14 KENDA LOADSTAR RADIALS SS CENTER CAPS, LUGS, MOUNTED, BALANCED & READY TO INSTALL

PM or email me for tire, wheel or package pricing.
                            CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
                            LED lights, Chrome & Powder Coated Lugs
                            2 LED 6" BRAKE LIGHTS DELIVERED $25

tiresplease@gmail.com

Comment

If I remember right Cobalt bought the Hydrodyne molds. Must not have gone they way they wanted.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Cobalt makes a nice I/O and their price point is at the upper end which keeps them from being like belly buttons i.e. everyone has one. If I am ever in the situation where an I/O is the only type of boat I can own and have the coin I will go with a Cobalt.

Comment

Working...
                              X