Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wetsuit/BF suit funk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wetsuit/BF suit funk

    How do y'all kill the wetsuit funk smell?

    Mine are only used in clean fresh water, by me, have never been pee'd in but still stink when wet.

    I lay them out to dry indoors after a weekend of use but as soon as they get wet again they start to smell...
    Bailey
    '02 X-9
    Lake Blue Ridge

  • #2
    Turn it inside out, take it in the shower with you and wash it with bodywash. Be sure to rinse well.
    I spent most of my money on booze, broads and boats. The rest I wasted. - Elmore Leonard

    Comment


    • #3
      Then make sure you dry it in the sun ..l I actual put one in the washer once ... Gentle cycle

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by 2RLAKE View Post
        Then make sure you dry it in the sun ..l I actual put one in the washer once ... Gentle cycle
        That must've been really nasty if you were machining it. Did it make everything smell like algae for a few loads?
        I spent most of my money on booze, broads and boats. The rest I wasted. - Elmore Leonard

        Comment


        • #5
          Don't pee in it

          Seriously though, as above; take it home at end of the day, rinse under fresh water, dry inside out for a day then turn right side out.

          You can use woolite or they do have a special wet suit detergent for the washing machine.
          delicate cycle.
          1991 MariStar 240sc, 454, tower, WetSounds, Krypt and Rockford Fosgate

          Comment


          • #6
            there are two kinda of people:
            those who pee in their wetsuits

            those who lie about peeing in their wetsuits

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by willyt View Post
              there are two kinda of people:
              those who pee in their wetsuits

              those who lie about peeing in their wetsuits
              Exactly ya get in the water and it's hard NOT to pee.
              This forum is amazing with quality people.: I did not think i'd ever own an Inboard. Now I finally have a gorgeous 94 205 I am glad I have ya'll backing me up.

              Comment


              • #8
                If you have any local scuba shops around, sometimes they sell wetsuit detergents. Works great and kills any stench, I don't remember the name, but they came in little packet. (almost the same size as a ketchup packet) Otherwise I'm sure some dawn will do just fine...
                You don't have to buy a lake to own it~MasterCraft

                Comment


                • #9
                  Woolite.


                  Its cheap, its at your local megamart or grocery or ace hardware.

                  Its not going to mess up your suit.

                  No sun, no hot water, no washing machines. Take your suit off, rinse it out with cold water, hang to dry over something like your shower rod, or in your garage - somewhere cool, with no sun. Heat will bake the rubber till it loses its stretch and falls apart - therefore you wanna keep it cool dark and dry until you put it on and wear it, once done you want to take it off, rinse it and hang to dry.

                  Finally when it smells funky get a bucket or use your wash sink full of cool water with a bit of woolite and swish the suit around by hand, then rinse completely and hang to dry.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by sp00ky View Post
                    Exactly ya get in the water and it's hard NOT to pee.
                    Gosh use to have a family friend who would brag about how warm it was once you peed in the suit. I wouldn't let em back into the boat after skiing, ski back to the dock and rinse off.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I store mine inside out and hang it to dry. When it needs a bath, I use a scrub brush and some soapy water. Rinse and hang dry.

                      For the record, I don't pee in my suit....
                      Hello, my name Ryan!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I've never peed in a wetsuit
                        What does the fox say?

                        Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

                        You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'll pee in a swwinmsuit, but never a wetsuit. Someone pees in their wetsuit and the water (with pee) stays in there. Who wants that dripping out all over the boat? Swimsuits rinse out easily.
                          I spent most of my money on booze, broads and boats. The rest I wasted. - Elmore Leonard

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SKI*MC View Post
                            If you have any local scuba shops around, sometimes they sell wetsuit detergents. Works great and kills any stench, I don't remember the name, but they came in little packet. (almost the same size as a ketchup packet) Otherwise I'm sure some dawn will do just fine...
                            I remember something at the dive shots called "Sink the Stink." It was something like oxy clean for wetsuits.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by madcityskier View Post
                              I'll pee in a swwinmsuit, but never a wetsuit. Someone pees in their wetsuit and the water (with pee) stays in there. Who wants that dripping out all over the boat? Swimsuits rinse out easily.
                              I pee in my wetsuit. I think I have dripped some pee on Mikes boat before
                              sigpic
                              When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.
                              1 Corinthians Chapter 13 - 11

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X