1984 Power Slot Radio Controlled Model

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1984 Power Slot Radio Controlled Model

I am a brand new TT member and a relatively new MC owner. After spending some time on the sidelines reading some very informative information on this forum, I decided to jump in and share in some of your enthusiasm. Last year I bought a very nice red and grey 1984 Power Slot which needed some floor work. I pulled up the sagging floor, peeled out all the foam I could, poured some 4# foam back in, and re-glassed the floor down. I installed new carpet, and was so happy with the results, I had the entire interior redone, then color-sanded and buffed the hull, re-applied the factory logos and stars (in metal flake silver) from Bay Area Watersports. The boat now looks new and gets more attention than I had hoped for on the water.

I had some materials left over from my floor repair, so I set out to make a 1/6 scale RC model of my boat. It, too far exceeded my expectations. I have attached some photos and a link to a YouTube video below. My obsession seems to have no bounds. Do you think there would be a market for these???
    Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/rh0pXINWLiE

Last edited by Retro; 07-06-2013, 03:27 AM. Reason: New Video

outstanding!!!!... omg barbie has no legs......
    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

That's awesome, man. Love it!!!

Comment

How much do you think you'd sell them for?

Comment

It took me a couple of months to build. It was fun, but I couldn't make an exact copy. All balsa cut by hand, no templates. My better half would not appreciate my building another one!

Comment

I'm in!

Comment

Yes sir, outstanding indeed! A scratch built S&S!!! Complete with skiing ken is well above and beyond!
              https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-w...4/IMG_4883.gif

Comment

This is awesome.

Comment

Absolutely a market for them. Great work!

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. People seem to really like seeing Ken ski. Then if they notice the Stars and Stripes anchored nearby, they usually comment about it...

Comment

That is way cool. You are brilliant. It is awesome how the flag goes up after Ken falls down.

Comment

I have a three channel radio, so I wired up a flag to channel 3. I got the whole Ken idea from a video I saw of Skipper!!!

Comment

At first I was thinking Ken would be pretty upset with the missing lower parts of Barbie, but then I remember seeing Ken when my niece had HIS pants off and I realized he probably has nothing else to do on weekends but waterski....

Very cool build, and that would look cool sitting in a lake next to it's mother! Nice job!
                          Jeffer

1996 Prostar 190, LT1

"5 out of 4 people have a problem with statistics..."

Comment

I think Barbie was more upset than Ken. She still won't talk to me!

Comment

When you put it away at night, toss Ken the lower half for the evening...
                              Jeffer

1996 Prostar 190, LT1

"5 out of 4 people have a problem with statistics..."

Comment

Working...
                              X