MC surf system?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MC surf system?

Any word on a Mastercraft surf system ala the Nautique NSS or Malibu Surfgate? It seems that to be really competitive in the surf boat space, MC needs something similar. Surf tabs don't compare. The other surf systems let you change from wakeboard to port surf to starboard surf in seconds.

1:11-1:14. 3 seconds is al you need

http://vimeo.com/69013295
    www.nwboatsports.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/NW-Bo...27792007306783

Comment

On the NWWSA surf competition last week they use Centurion boats. The Enzo 244 comes with a new Ramfill, and CATS system along with tabs. Supposedly giving you control over 3 axis to shape the wake.

Apparently nobody could get it to work right so they picked a setting and thats what everyone surfing was stuck with.

Read this article.

http://flyboywakesurf.com/nwwsa-day-1/

Stick with MC. They are like Microsoft, usually last to the market, but always better than the rest and done right the first time when they get there.

Plus the marketing of such additions takes away from whats actually necessary to use the boat. Take Centurion for example. They market that they have the most tunable wave. Yet not even the pro's can tune it right.

Centurion reps at the competition gave up and set it to a basic standard that sort of worked even though the promise of individual rider preference was going to be done.
      sigpic
      When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.
      1 Corinthians Chapter 13 - 11

Comment

Originally posted by Traxx822 View Post
        Stick with MC. They are like Microsoft, usually last to the market, but always better than the rest and done right the first time when they get there.
        Really? MC doesn't always get it right the first time. Ask owners of boats with the BIG system on 2011-12 boats. Or how about the ZFT2 tower or ZFT5 power tower? Lots of problems. Of course you were right about MC being like Microsoft, they are just not always the best. Case in point: Windows 8, Zune mp3 player, Surface tablet, SPOT watch, Microsoft KIN mobile phone, Windows XP tablet, UltimateTV DVR...what did i miss? Don't get me wrong, I love my MC but I guess I didn't drink the kool-aid.
        2011 X15
        Previous
        1955 Century Coronado
        2006 X2
        1968 Century Cheetah

Comment

Originally posted by wakecumberland View Post
          Really? MC doesn't always get it right the first time. Ask owners of boats with the BIG system on 2011-12 boats. Or how about the ZFT2 tower or ZFT5 power tower? Lots of problems. Of course you were right about MC being like Microsoft, they are just not always the best. Case in point: Windows 8, Zune mp3 player, Surface tablet, SPOT watch, Microsoft KIN mobile phone, Windows XP tablet, UltimateTV DVR...what did i miss? Don't get me wrong, I love my MC but I guess I didn't drink the kool-aid.
          Oh get off your horse.

Typical American, never satisfied. Expects perfect every time.

Last I checked MC and Microsoft are the industry leaders for the products they supply.

I run a 1.2 million dollar a year construction company that operates all on surface pro tablets, windows 8 computers, HP DL class servers, and I never have had issues.

You will be hard pressed to sell me. I'll keep drinking my "making money hand over fist" flavored kool-aid while I run my zero issues MC all over your bull.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
          sigpic
          When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.

Comment

Don't take it personal, this is just friendly banter! With all due respect, you are the one that said Microsoft and MC products are "always better than the rest and done right the first time" According to your profile, your boat is 18 years old. MC is not the same company it was 18 years ago, not saying thats good or bad, just that the industry and the boats are totally different than in 1995. Since MC is not a public company, we really don't know if they are making money "hand over fist" but we know Microsoft stock has been basically flat at $30 a share for the last 13 years and Apple's net income is more than double theirs. All companies get things wrong. They are run by humans, its only natural. With respect to that, we shouldnt expect any company to bring products to market that are "always better than the rest and done right the first time" BTW, I dont ride horses
            2011 X15
            Previous
            1955 Century Coronado
            2006 X2
            1968 Century Cheetah

Comment

K. I. S. S.

Keep it simple stupid. I wish ALL the wake boat manufacturers would get back to this. Unfortunately the market is driving them (and everyone else for that matter) to the "smart phone" mentality everyone seems to have these days. "Look at all the gadgets ours has!" "Screw you, ours can do this!" Most of which does very little for what the product hopes to achieve as its main goal. And as a by-product drives the price sky high, out of its own core market that made it, until suddenly the only people with the money to buy said product could care less about the gadgetry.

Just my opinion, maybe im partially or totally wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by wakecumberland View Post
                For us IT people you missed Windows ME and Windows Vista. Both stinkers shunned by any smart customer and any IT consultant worth a hoot.

Comment

^ I knew I left out something
                  2011 X15
                  Previous
                  1955 Century Coronado
                  2006 X2
                  1968 Century Cheetah

Comment

OMG...really,
                    Are we debating a comparison between Microsoft and Mastercraft ?

Ya, these two companies are identical.........

good times!

Comment

Glad you didn't take it to hard wakecumberland. Re reading my post it was a bit harsh. Sorry.

I don't drink kool-aid, But Steve-o sure does serve it up for the sheeple to lap it up.

Here are the number one topics on a MAC forum:
                      - Login screen stuck
                      - LowercaSe "S" key not working!!!
                      - Menu bar keeps flashing
                      - I can't drag and drop

"Stupid user base aside, I will never own a Mac. It's not so much that I'm a PC loyalist. I'm not. It's that I'm not stylish enough to own one. Most iPod commercials feature guys with long hair, chicks roller skating, and guys wearing fedoras. I have dandruff, and I buy most of my jeans from a grocery store. I feel like in order to have a Mac, I need to be:
                      An artist.
                      In a band.
                      Unemployed (see above)."
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Goinbroke View Post
                        OMG...really,
                        Are we debating a comparison between Microsoft and Mastercraft ?

Ya, these two companies are identical.........

good times!
                        As a comparison of quality product, yes it is identical in theory. But simple minds make harder work. Not expecting everyone to get it. And then it turned into a debate.
                        sigpic

Comment

It seems like these days, all anyone does on the forums is "bash" the new technology on boats, especially those with older boats. As mentioned above, an 18 year boat is very different than a 2013.

The new 2013 systems function great. I am totally happy with my new boat and the electronics. When it's my turn to ride, I choose "max wake". That's it. Ballast, speed, and plate are set up just how I like it and the auto launch feature is awesome. If I want to, I can still fill my tanks with an old fashion toggle switch too.

As for the "Mac" hating, I find it comical. I have an IT background and spent 20 years using PC's but try an Iphone or Ipad out for a week or 2 and come back and say they are only for "artists". These are amazing devices and offer a lot of features. The next time we are boating and my iphone automatically adjusts the volume based on our speed from an app that cost $.99, I won't be thinking "I just drank the Apple kool aid".
                          2013 X-30, 6.0L with 2500lbs of ballast and 500 lbs of lead.
                          sigpic

Comment

wow...

I don't find this to be true at all. Last to market? the MC of old introduced the 2003 Xstar. I wish i was paying attention to wakeboarding then, but that boat had to blow everyone away. the 230 didnt exist back then, and the VLX isnt what it is today, that boat had no competition when it was introduced. first to market, and they nailed the wake.

fast forward a few years... they tried to be first to market again with the... 2012? xstar. yeah... that went well. Just like windows vista. I'm still waiting on a set behind one but i'm hoping the 2013 star is like windows 7...

As i company i definitely would not want to be compared to microsoft.

Comment

Glad you didn't take it to hard wakecumberland. Re reading my post it was a bit harsh. Sorry.

I don't drink kool-aid, But Steve-o sure does serve it up for the sheeple to lap it up.

Here are the number one topics on a MAC forum:
                              - Login screen stuck
                              - LowercaSe "S" key not working!!!
                              - Menu bar keeps flashing
                              - I can't drag and drop

"Stupid user base aside, I will never own a Mac. It's not so much that I'm a PC loyalist. I'm not. It's that I'm not stylish enough to own one. Most iPod commercials feature guys with long hair, chicks roller skating, and guys wearing fedoras. I have dandruff, and I buy most of my jeans from a grocery store. I feel like in order to have a Mac, I need to be:
                              An artist.
                              In a band.
                              Unemployed (see above)."
                              Man, I'm a mac guy of old. I have a Pc laptop that I use for work, but I do a lot of music recording, and a pc suks for that. I can use either, but I definitely prefer a mac. Pc is a good business machine, but mac kills it in multimedia.

Comment

Working...
                              X