Some help for lake idiots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some help for lake idiots

So I have seen a couple threads complaining about thoughtless boaters messing up nice water and doing other dumb things.

I highly recommend a Wet Sounds WS420 with microphone. This is my first summer with this fun device and here are some of my quotes from the very loud system:

"Rider down!"
    "Please stay at least 50 feet from my fallen rider, MOVE BACK!"
    "There is no need to power turn in this narrow channel to retrieve your fallen rider."
    "You are too close to my boat!"
    "Sorry for the rollers sir this is a tight area" (we surf alot)

Informative ones that I say to my rider/surfer that all can hear:

"Ok here comes a power turning tuber destroying your calm water so be ready for rollers!"

It actually has proven to work quite well, no one wants to get called out on the PA system so they sorta give us some space!

My wife is pretty sure I am going to end up in a fight using this system like this... And I might.. But I don't think I can stop!

Originally posted by Kimper View Post
    So I have seen a couple threads complaining about thoughtless boaters messing up nice water and doing other dumb things.

I highly recommend a Wet Sounds WS420 with microphone. This is my first summer with this fun device and here are some of my quotes from the very loud system:

"Rider down!"
    "Please stay at least 50 feet from my fallen rider, MOVE BACK!"
    "There is no need to power turn in this narrow channel to retrieve your fallen rider."
    "You are too close to my boat!"

Informative ones that I say to my rider/surfer that all can hear:

"Ok here comes a power turning tuber destroying your calm water so be ready for rollers!"

It actually has proven to work quite well, no one wants to get called out on the PA system so they sorta give us some space!

My wife is pretty sure I am going to end up in a fight using this system like this... And I might.. But I don't think I can stop!
    So your that guy huh. The others boaters probably think oh great there is the idiot with the p.a. system.
    James

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
    sigpic

Comment

Same thread, different day.
      Tim
      Gone, surfing.

Comment

Originally posted by j.mccreight@hotmail.com View Post
        So your that guy huh. The others boaters probably think oh great there is the idiot with the p.a. system.
        Yup! Lol

Comment

Omg I love it...

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF4ny7KivzA
            '96 ProStar 205 SD LT-1

Comment

Originally posted by Table Rocker View Post
              Lol

Comment

Yikes. I might fire a few potatoes at you. Lol

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-MR...-/281114978169
                  - Peter
                  TANDEM AXLE PACKAGE - $950 DELIVERED WHEEL IMAGE
                  5 14X5.5 T06 WHEELS W/5 ST215/75R14 KENDA LOADSTAR RADIALS SS CENTER CAPS, LUGS, MOUNTED, BALANCED & READY TO INSTALL

PM or email me for tire, wheel or package pricing.
                  CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
                  LED lights, Chrome & Powder Coated Lugs
                  2 LED 6" BRAKE LIGHTS DELIVERED $25

tiresplease@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
                    A sacrifice at $100.
                    '96 ProStar 205 SD LT-1

Comment

I am guessing you had to say this to...
                      to the same guy you earlier said this to....

STARS AND STRIPES FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by ski_king View Post
                        I am guessing you had to say this to...

to the same guy you earlier said this to....
                        No, and I know you skiers hate surfers, but regardless surfing is a legit behind the boat calm water preferred activity. We try to surf as far as possible from other boaters, but sometimes when you just cant go anywhere else at least I apologize for the tidal wave...

A powerturn to pick up a fallen rider or surfer is never warranted unless the rider is in danger or hurt.

That Mr. Microphone commercial is awesome! I got a new one from it:
                        "We will be back to pick you up later good looking!"
                        Last edited by Kimper; 08-15-2013, 12:11 PM.

Comment

One thig I DO NOT GET.

Why do tubers always find the flattest calmest water only to make their own waves for the tuber? If they stay out further in the chop, they dont have to work as hard to create waves.
                          Current: 2009 X-Star, Indmar 6L, 400hp, ZFT3 tower. c/w 1/9 scale R/C PWT X-Star

Owned:
                          2012 X25
                          2011 X25
                          2009 Moomba LSV
                          2009 Moomba Outback V
                          2008 Monterey FS180
                          Pelican 4 set paddle boat
                          plastic tug boat when I was 4

Comment

Originally posted by bjames View Post
                            One thig I DO NOT GET.

Why do tubers always find the flattest calmest water only to make their own waves for the tuber? If they stay out further in the chop, they dont have to work as hard to create waves.
                            Careful now, you might be confused with somebody who thinks that "it's all about me".

Not to worry, you have at least one allie in me. Golly, it sure messes things up when that happens. But, sheez, they are just having some fun. Would you like anothe hash brownie?

Comment

I have the WS420 with PA. I got mine because I was tired of people driving their boats right behind me when I am pulling wake boarders, more specifically my daughters. My girls learned to ride at 4 and 7. They were small enough when they are up but when they would go down, almost invisible. So I got used to "Do not follow me, you are to close to my rider". I never understand why people want to run right behind a boarder/skier.
                              Last edited by oumiller28; 08-15-2013, 01:28 PM. Reason: Add picture

Comment

Working...
                              X