Mastercraft X-10 wakesurf/wakeboard wake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mastercraft X-10 wakesurf/wakeboard wake

I have narrowed my choice down to either a Axis A22, X25, X10, X30 (coming from an X2)

Axis Vs. MC (generally)
    Good points of A22
    -Price
    -Wake is clean and can get just massive, very adjustable for all levels
    -Wakesurf wake I imagine will be fantastic with Surf Gate

Bad Points
    - Quality
    - Rough Water ride

X25
    Everything is perfect except wake is very steep not clean at low speeds and no dedicated surf system

I have seen photos of a guys wake on here of an X30 and it looks awesome! and also just stumbled across this video of an X-10 wakesurf wake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVddaDkKR5k

But everybody seems to think that surf tabs suck, so it got me thinking if the X-10 had a better wake than an X2, surf tabs actually worked that well, it could be the perfect boat for me, thoughts would be much appreciated

The surf wave and wakeboard wake on the X-30 are both top notch. It also has the most storage of any MC.
    Attached Files
    2013 X-30, 6.0L with 2500lbs of ballast and 500 lbs of lead.
    sigpic

Comment

Go with a 30 for sure. It is the best all around boat that is easy to adjust the wake and as you can see above makes a monstrous surf wave and killer wakeboard wave.
      Current boat:

2003 x9

Comment

Yes but the with surf tabs how are people weighting their boat, See 501's wake just looks incredible, do you have any videos? or videos that show how long it takes you to get on plane by any chance? and surf wise, if you load up your boat evenly for wakeboarding and then just get say 6 people all on the 1 side and use surf tabs, is that enough or do you have to completely list it, the surf aspect is a big part of it to me, well how easy it is to surf both sides etc.

To get that wakeboard wake do you have 3000 pounds total? or 3,000 pounds plus stock ballast plus people?

Comment

I don't have surf tabs, so I can't help you out there, but for surfing, we fill the surf side (stock plus a 750 PnP bag in the locker) and move all the people to that side. It's a very easy boat to setup for surfing, it doesn't require a TON of weight, but the more weight the better it gets. The surf wave is loved by everyone who has rode it. We have had 35 year old moms, who have never stepped on a surf board in their life dropping the rope on their first set, the push is just awesome.

For wakeboarding, I have the stock 1k, 1500 in ballast bags (750 in each rear compartment), some lead (500) and 6 people in those photos. In that picture we also added in an extra sack with about 400lbs just to see how big it could get. There is no need for this much weight, but it sure is fun to ride a wake that big. The wake is very clean and not super steep. We were able to ride at 22 with all this weight and the wake was massive, and we could have gone slower if we wanted too. I liked it best around 22.5.

I just got the new Acme 2305 15x12 prop and this new prop has made a HUGE difference. It has dropped my RPMS for both wakeboarding and surfing, increased my fuel economy and we now get on plane like NOTHING! It's not a "rocket" out of the hole, but it just steadily gets right on plane quickly and holds speed amazing. Coming from my factory "High Alt" OJ prop, my time to plane when weighted got cut in half. I am very very happy with this prop/motor combo. I will try to throw together a little video of us riding that day to show the wake for you. Here is a pic coming down from an HS Indy grab. The wake is very fun!
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

for x-30 surfing look up the "woons" on the surf forum on here... great wake on that boat!
            2008 Mastercraft 40th Anniversary X-star
            www.buckeyemarine.com

2008 Touareg V8 Galapagos Metallic, Sienna leather, Execline, Technology pkg, Sports pkg,Class III hitch.

2012 Volkswagen GTI 5dr DSG, Carbon Grey Metallic w/ Leather/Luxury, Technology and 18" Serron Pkg's. H&R springs, Unitronic Stage 2 Chip, Ultimate racing 3" downpipe w/200 cell metal cat, xenondepot 3k HID Fog lights.

Comment

That looks like a great wake on your X30. Are you putting the 500lbs of lead in the bow? Is much weight needed in the bow on an X30?

Comment

I have about 100 in the bow and the rest in the back. I find the wakeboard wake is best with more rear weight.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 501s View Post
                  I have about 100 in the bow and the rest in the back. I find the wakeboard wake is best with more rear weight.
                  x2 on that, I run full factory ballast and 400 on each side of the engine with nothing in the front on my x-10

Comment

How does the x10-x30 wake compare?

Comment

I have surf tabs on my x30 and live them for cleaning up the wake. I fill all ballast in the boat including my 750# rear locker bags and my 300# wedge bags in the bow and drop the surf side tab. The wave is excellent. I can echo everything else 501s is saying in so far as everyone who tries it is really impressed. My kids wakeboard at 17mph and its not the cleanest but if I put some bow weight in and use the middle tab it does clean up. Once you get above 18mph it cleans up really well. Overall it's an amazing boat that I highly recommend. From what I have heard the x10 is just as good in a smaller package. Here is a port side surf wake pic with my setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Shavo9 View Post
                        X25
                        Everything is perfect except wake is very steep not clean at low speeds and no dedicated surf system
                        I don't find the X-25 to be "very steep", at least not in a negative way. I find it nicely shaped - not a sudden pop at all. I would agree that the X-25 wake is not as good a low speed wake as the X-30 you are comparing, but I also think people are overstating this as a weakness of the X-25. I have my kids wakeboarding at 18 mph on a regular basis with no problems. Anyone going slower than that probably isn't jumping wakes anyway and would be better off on an 85' rope where they can work on board control between the wakes.

The X-25 can have surf tabs. That's either the same dedicated surf system as every other MC, or no MCs have dedicated surf systems depending on what you think of surf tabs (mine has them, but I can't comment on their value as I never surf).

Good thread here somewhere on X-25 vs X-30. I have yet to meet an X-25 or X-30 owner who didn't say they love both boats, and indicated they struggled to decide between them. Try them both and see which one fits your needs better. I have no doubt both the X-25 and X-30 will feel better for you than the Axis (though both will be more expensive... Unless you buy used).

Comment

Originally posted by Shavo9 View Post
                          How does the x10-x30 wake compare?
                          I have been on both and don't really notice any difference. Hull design and the width of the boat is the exact same. Only real difference is a couple extra feet right behind the drivers seat.

Comment

I think the x10 is going to be the boat I upgrade to from my x2 end of next year. I came from malibu. I like the vlx, but overall finish and features on the MC will probably keep me with MC. I like the x30, but we don't need a 23 foot boat.

Comment

I've got a few vids here. Obviously these wakes aren't as big as 501's, but they would be good if you need to constantly switch and are just having fun.
                              First vid is x30
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnmwNhVGMJs
                              second is x10
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oItkqqKwEes
                              third is x10
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVddaDkKR5k
                              Current boat:

2003 x9

Comment

Working...
                              X