2013 X2 Hour Meter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 X2 Hour Meter

It seems like my 2013 X2 counts hours anytime the touchscreen is on (the key is in the ignition position but the engine is off). Is this normal? My better half likes to keep the touch screen on because the depth finder makes her more comfortable if we are just hanging out without an anchor. We also find that when switching riders we keep it on so that we don't have to reset any of the profile settings or screens.

My fear is that this will kill my resale value. We are currently showing almost 40 hours on a boat we have had for 2 months. I think the engine most likely only has 20 hours on it (at max). I also worry that I might have done my initial oil change a little early since I wasn't aware it was counting hours when the engine wasn't on.

So I guess I can stop rambling and just ask my questions :-)

- Does the 2013's touchscreen actually count engine hours even if the engine is off?
    - If so, I assume the engine computer stores only the actual hours on the engine. Is this correct?
    - If so, can a dealer sync the touchscreen hours with the engine hours at time of resale so it is an accurate representation of the use of the boat?
    - Or is it stupid to keep the touchscreen on when not moving?

Thanks again for everyone's insight!

Originally posted by nullpointer View Post
    It seems like my 2013 X2 counts hours anytime the touchscreen is on (the key is in the ignition position but the engine is off). Is this normal? My better half likes to keep the touch screen on because the depth finder makes her more comfortable if we are just hanging out without an anchor. We also find that when switching riders we keep it on so that we don't have to reset any of the profile settings or screens.

My fear is that this will kill my resale value. We are currently showing almost 40 hours on a boat we have had for 2 months. I think the engine most likely only has 20 hours on it (at max). I also worry that I might have done my initial oil change a little early since I wasn't aware it was counting hours when the engine wasn't on.

So I guess I can stop rambling and just ask my questions :-)

- Does the 2013's touchscreen actually count engine hours even if the engine is off?
    - If so, I assume the engine computer stores only the actual hours on the engine. Is this correct?
    - If so, can a dealer sync the touchscreen hours with the engine hours at time of resale so it is an accurate representation of the use of the boat?
    - Or is it stupid to keep the touchscreen on when not moving?

Thanks again for everyone's insight!
    The hour meter on the dash does count the hours anytime the ignition is in the ON position regardless of engine condition, the ECM will log actual engine run hours and the dealer is able to access this with their scantool to read. I don't believe the dash and ecm can be synced.
    If resale hours is your concern you can have a dealer do a DIACOM service report and this will list all hours that was engine run and at what rpm's they were run at.
    I too am concerned about depth levels while floating, what we do is just turn on ignition every so often to check the depth, that way it keeps the hours off the meter.
    James

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
    sigpic

Comment

On my 2013, the hours only count up if the engine is running.
      2013 X-30, 6.0L with 2500lbs of ballast and 500 lbs of lead.
      sigpic

Comment

i believe my 2013 only counts when the engine is running.

Comment

^^^ Same here

Comment

Same here, I actually looked at it to see if it had changed yesterday when we were parked for an hour or so.

Comment

It should only count when engine is running. Should not count in accessory mode.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I will pay more attention next weekend and see if I can confirm one way or another. It is possible that I am just using the boat a lot more than I thought.

Thanks again!
                Josh

Comment

Could possibly be a difference in the medallion system and the new murphy systems.
                  James

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
                  sigpic

Comment

I've had both systems, and neither counted hours with the engine off.
                    sigpic

Comment

Just courious, why would you be concered about depth when floating? I guess if your not achored, then you will drift. I always make a point to anchor so that I dont drift, and feel confident that I wont end up floating into a weed forest
                      Current: 2009 X-Star, Indmar 6L, 400hp, ZFT3 tower. c/w 1/9 scale R/C PWT X-Star

Owned:
                      2012 X25
                      2011 X25
                      2009 Moomba LSV
                      2009 Moomba Outback V
                      2008 Monterey FS180
                      Pelican 4 set paddle boat
                      plastic tug boat when I was 4

Comment

I believe when the key is in the ignition on position the hours will run, when the key is in accessory mode the hours will not run.

The OP is leaving the boat on with the key in the "ignition on" position.

Comment

No I don't think that is correct for the newer boats. In my 2012 and 2013 I have always left the key in the ignition on position, never the accessory position, and as mentioned have never had the hours count. I left it on overnight once, luckily the boat still started in the morning.
                          sigpic

Comment

Maybe it has to do with which Engine/ECM the boat has?

Comment

Originally posted by kskonn View Post
                              Maybe it has to do with which Engine/ECM the boat has?
                              It shouldn't matter. No way it should be counting running hours when the motor isn't running.

Comment

Working...
                              X