Best Boat Cover?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Boat Cover?

I need to get a new cover for my 01 X-Star and want to make a smart purchase. The current cover is equipped with snaps that correspond to snaps attached to the underside of the rub rail. I'll have these added by a local shop once I've purchased a new cover.

Any advice on the best current cover for a boat?

Thanks,

Chris

Find a reputable upholstery company and get one to make it for you.

Comment

I second that but would add find a canvas boat cover company. My brother has a big boat and he gets amazing canvas work done by his local shop. I have visited a place close to me here in the Twin Cities and got a tour of their shop and their finished boats. Their work was amazing.

Comment

I got mine made of Sunbrella. 10 year warranty.

Comment

In the malibu evolution covers are suppose to be really good

http://www.evolutioncovers.com/

Comment

^^ curious as to why you used Malibu in your statement. they made me one when I had my 05 supra ssv and I know eastie has one on his nautique.

great covers btw!!

Comment

Just contacted Evolution. The do not have a pattern for my boat. What about the Covermate covers from Overtons?

Comment

Originally posted by ttu View Post
                ^^ curious as to why you used Malibu in your statement. they made me one when I had my 05 supra ssv and I know eastie has one on his nautique.

great covers btw!!

Incomplete statement on my part. On the malibu forums it's the de facto choice.

Comment

Originally posted by chrison600 View Post
                  Just contacted Evolution. The do not have a pattern for my boat. What about the Covermate covers from Overtons?
                  I personally wouldn't buy any premade cover after getting a custom made. The fit difference is night and day.

Comment

Originally posted by scott023 View Post
                    I personally wouldn't buy any premade cover after getting a custom made. The fit difference is night and day.
                    That was what I noticed when I toured the shop I visited. The covers were snug and look like they grew over the boats. And when I asked about getting a cover that would totally protect the boat from the sun, especially when on the trailer they said that was absolutely no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by H2ORidr View Post
                      That was what I noticed when I toured the shop I visited. The covers were snug and look like they grew over the boats. And when I asked about getting a cover that would totally protect the boat from the sun, especially when on the trailer they said that was absolutely no problem.
                      That's what I was told too. The finished product is so far superior to the factory cover, surprised the heck out of me.

Comment

Is a factory, OEM cover an overall nice cover? Are they similar to the Sunbrella type? I would imagine that they fit great, no? Why are they so expensive? I mean, $800-900+ for a factory cover? Is it weather proof etc? Or are there better options, if say an oem cover was available at a dealership for example? Or is the after market type a better product?

Comment

They are not Sunbrella, and I don't think the fit was all that good. When compared to a custom cover, there really is no comparison. My dealer suggested I go custom, so they know there are better options out there.

Comment

Go to any upholstery guy and get a sunbrella cover. Make sure its Sunbrella. nuph sed
                            sigpic
                            When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.
                            1 Corinthians Chapter 13 - 11

Comment

I have a 2008 Stingray 195LR (which I am trying to sell). I bought a custom fit cover from Carver for it. I have been really pleased with the cover. I have had it for 3 years with no issues. The only complaint that I have is that their pattern seemed to be slightly off right in front of the windshield. On both sides in that area, they have a little too much material and it creates a small pucker that will catch water, not much, maybe 4 ounces.

They have one for your boat and the covers are made in South Carolina.

http://dealerguide.carvercovers.com/boats/display/9791
                              CNC routing, Signs, Plaques, 3D carving/turning, Butcher blocks

Comment

Working...
                              X