Can someone do me a favour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone do me a favour

hi would someone mind buying me a couple of these fittings and sending them to me i OZ
    i am happy to pay all costs. i just want to make sure i get the right ones so i can avoid the problem i am having with the water spraying out every where.
    thanks
    Attached Files
    sigpic

I am asking because I don't have a flush kit installed on my boat, but I thought you just unscrewed the cap on flush attachment and then screwed the garden hose in with no extra hardware needed. Thought there would be a rubber o-ring inside the attachment to seal for leaks. I was considering adding this to my boat.
    “You realize your odds of winning the lottery are the same as being mauled by a polar bear and a regular bear in the same day”….E-Trade Baby.

Comment

Mybobtail, I am sure you can get these at Bunnings?
      Cheers

Mark

Comment

The problem is Australian hoses have different threads than US hoses. That is why he is looking to import one. The problem in the US would be making sure the quick connect end fits his hose.
        '96 ProStar 205 SD LT-1

Comment

Hey mark . I don't have a problem getting that connection at buntings etc. but I want to get an American one . As you can see by the pic water just pisses out everywhere. Hey table I was thinking if the quick connect doesn't fit I could put the hose over the end the hold it with a hose clamp on one end and then fit a Aussie quick connect on the other end. I could have a 12inch piece of hose with the 2 different ends on them.
          sigpic

Comment

I am willing to help you out. You can send me a PM with your info and I will get it shipped.
            '96 ProStar 205 SD LT-1

Comment

Let me know if you still need help. Always happy to help out a fellow Aussie!

Comment

Originally posted by Table Rocker View Post
                The problem is Australian hoses have different threads than US hoses. That is why he is looking to import one. The problem in the US would be making sure the quick connect end fits his hose.
                You learn something new every day on this site! So what he needs is a short piece of American hose with the threaded male end on it that could be spliced onto the Australian hose? Pay for my plane ticket and I will bring the $2 part.
                “You realize your odds of winning the lottery are the same as being mauled by a polar bear and a regular bear in the same day”….E-Trade Baby.

Comment

I don't think its a thread problem, I've flushed numerous 12-13's and never had that spray issue. Is there a washer missing or something? or is there a valve that is not open?

Comment

The thread standard for garden hoses in the United States and its territories is known as GHT or "garden hose thread", which has an outer diameter of 1 1⁄16 inches (26.99 mm) and a pitch of 11.5 TPI2.2 mm; parallel thread (non-tapered). Outside the United States, the more common BSP standard is used, which is 3/4" 1.041 in or 26.44 mm OD) and 14 TPI 1.8 mm. The GHT and BSP standards are not compatible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garden_hose
                    '96 ProStar 205 SD LT-1

Comment

Hi Bobtail,

If you buy the Orange Coloured fitting from bunnings this is the US thread. It does state it on the label at your local bunnings.

Comment

I shipped it out today, two quick connect males in the kit and one male barbed repair fitting. $12.75 to ship $8.75 in parts isn't the best deal, but I am sure you are used to paying shipping in Australia. You should be all set one way or the other.
                        '96 ProStar 205 SD LT-1

Comment

Originally posted by zak85 View Post
                          Hi Bobtail,

If you buy the Orange Coloured fitting from bunnings this is the US thread. It does state it on the label at your local bunnings.
                          Here is the link to the Bunnings adapter:
                          http://www.bunnings.com.au/nylex-ada...15112_p3110536
                          '96 ProStar 205 SD LT-1

Comment

ok thanks a lot table i will let you know soon as they arrive.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mybobtail View Post
                              hi would someone mind buying me a couple of these fittings and sending them to me in OZ
                              Does UPS ship to Oz? Do they use the yellow brick road?
                              What does the fox say?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...

Comment

Working...
                              X