Which X to get...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which X to get...

Ive been looking for a little while and am trying to stay in the sub $50 range. I found several boats that have peaked my interest, but not sure what is a better family/surf/return on $$
    All boats are within a couple grand of each other, come with trailers and maint history.

1. 2007 X-45 with 8.1 decent stereo, heater very clean but 480 Hours
    2. 2008 X-star MCX loaded, fly hi, clean 350 hours
    3.2010 X-Star 155 hours ($8000 more..but newer) All stock, sub amp but thats it..
    4. 2007 Supra SSV24 Gravity edition 120hours 8.1, loaded, mint mint... I can get it for $42000 which is cheaper than any MC I've looked at... but I wasnt really looking at boats other than MC

Any suggestions would be great.

Originally posted by Canuck714 View Post
    Ive been looking for a little while and am trying to stay in the sub $50 range. I found several boats that have peaked my interest, but not sure what is a better family/surf/return on $$
    All boats are within a couple grand of each other, come with trailers and maint history.

1. 2007 X-45 with 8.1 decent stereo, heater very clean but 480 Hours
    2. 2008 X-star MCX loaded, fly hi, clean 350 hours
    3.2010 X-Star 155 hours ($8000 more..but newer) All stock, sub amp but thats it..
    4. 2007 Supra SSV24 Gravity edition 120hours 8.1, loaded, mint mint... I can get it for $42000 which is cheaper than any MC I've looked at... but I wasnt really looking at boats other than MC

Any suggestions would be great.
    I vote for the 2010 x-Star. What is the motor in it?

Comment

Little biased, but I vote the 45. No comparison on storage and room between the star and the 45.

Comment

2010 X Star. Recently I sold my 2003 X-30. It was right at the 10 year old line. The buyer and the lender he used (who I know and respect) stated that it is very difficult to get financing on a 10+ year old boat. So, this being 2013, the older boats would have limited "remaining financeable life" = when they are 10 years old, you will be in need of finding a cash buyer. Personally, I have opted to go for a new boat - you can finance them (depending on price) for up to 20 years, if you like

Comment

Originally posted by Meeker View Post
          Little biased, but I vote the 45. No comparison on storage and room between the star and the 45.
          X2, can't go wrong with a45, especially with the L18 in it.

Comment

Of those I'd go X45. Better surf and family boat. I'd keep looking I'm sure you can find an X45 in the $50s. Also, I'd consider the X15 too. It's bigger than an XStar on the inside and is extremely versatile.
            Good Luck!!

Comment

X45 for sure if I am making the decision. Xstar is not good at anything but boarding relatively speaking.
              '97 Prostar 190 - LT-1

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.

Comment

2010. I love the dash set up on the 2010-2011 models.

Comment

family/surf. x45 is a better choice than the star.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
                    X45 for sure if I am making the decision. Xstar is not good at anything but boarding relatively speaking.
                    Another good point.

Comment

Originally posted by jafo9 View Post
                      family/surf. x45 is a better choice than the star.
                      I agree, and I own an X-star. However I do surf it and it's a babe magnet too!
                      I was njskier on here.

Comment

well you didnt mention wakeboarding... and thats the only reason to ever buy a star. go with the 45

Comment

I vote 2010 Xstar.

I looked at an X45 before I bought my X15. The X45 is a more like a ship than a boat. It is huge! It was just more boat than I needed. If you have a ton of friends AND a huge family, the X45 will definitely accommodate. The one that I looked at (2006) had either an 80 or 90 gallon fuel tank. I can't remember how many now, but hey, when you hit 80 gallons, what's another 10 more.

CNC routing, Signs, Plaques, 3D carving/turning, Butcher blocks

Comment

....45x seems versitile.
                            Notes about later selling a 10+ year old boat should be heeded as well.
                            X good luck X
                            sigpic
                            2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
                            2006 VRS200 5.7
                            2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
                            Think before I post ..."Do I need to say this? Or should I just let someone else complain "

Comment

2010 star if it has the big system. If not probably the 45.
                              Current boat:

2003 x9

Comment

Working...
                              X