Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Battery for X2

Guys,

I've got a 2011 X2. Bought it new and have not replaced the batteries yet. It's time. What do you guys recommend. Links to websites so I can see would be awesome.

Thanks!

Trent

I have optima yellow tops in mine

Comment

Depends on what's important to you and how/where they are mounted. I have Blue Tops and they've worked out well for me. Certianly not the cheapest option.

If you go with lead/acid I've heard Interstate makes a great battery for the money.
      Last edited by bturner2; 11-29-2013, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Blue tops are awesome. I just replaced the last ones after 7 years.

Comment

yep.

Comment

3 years - southeast - 2 more years IMO
            sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Thanks for the replies...blue tops are pretty expensive, but if they last that long, probably worth it. I see a few choices on their website, what's the right model?

So you think I've got 2 more years on the batteries? I've got 3 amps hooked to it, including a 500W 1 channel for a JL 12". But I rarely play them with the engine off and I have a battery switch I use religiously when the boat is on the lift/in storage.

Comment

I don't have sound and my battery is 5 years old - take care of them should last 5 years easy...IMO
                sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Originally posted by Trent 197 View Post
                  Guys,

I've got a 2011 X2. Bought it new and have not replaced the batteries yet. It's time. What do you guys recommend. Links to websites so I can see would be awesome.

Thanks!

Trent
                  Geez, saw this post and was like, what the hell was I drunk when I wrote this lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                  sigpic
                  When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.
                  1 Corinthians Chapter 13 - 11

Comment

I have a 2010 x2 and my batteries still seem fine.

Comment

Looks like the stock set up got a lot better from when I got my boat granted the OP might have been responsible for a good deal of my original mess. Before and after pictures of my set up.

Big reason I went AGM and Blue Tops was the mounting plates available and their spill proof design. The cheap plastic boxes located in an area where they would be clearly visible, would take up additional room and would make installing/removing them difficult made the choice easy for me. This set up has worked well for me for 5 seasons.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I have a 07 x2 and have been on my second battery since 2009 and it's a interstate. I only have one battery with 4 tower speakers, boat speakers and factory jl audio amp. I do use a battery tender between taking the boat out.

Comment

Originally posted by Trent 197 View Post
                          Guys,

Thanks!

Trent
                          It all depends on how you use the batteries and how your dual battery bank is setup. For just a typical marine cranking, you cant beat a quality lead-acid group-24. if your other bank is used primarily as a house bank, then consider a battery with a higher Ah rating like a dedicated deep-cycle lead-acid or AGM. Its important to compare the Ah to $$. There are some quality AGM batteries, but they are pricey for their Ah's.

If you rotate the use of your batteries equally and do not spend a lot of time playing tunes with the engine off, then consider a pair of dual purpose marine batteries.

Comment

Two years should not be "time" to replace batteries if properly maintained.

Plug in a battery charger/maintainer and you will ask this questions half as often......

Marinco or if you don't put huge charging demands on your bank, some of the Ctek like 7002 are very effective.
                            1991 MariStar 240sc, 454, tower, WetSounds, Krypt and Rockford Fosgate

Comment

The factory battery from my 2003 prostar 209 lasted 9 years. I replaced it with a Interstate
                              2003 Prostar 209 MCX

Comment

Working...
                              X