I'm still not over this

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still not over this

Owned my boat since 96' and have been in my house since 07' I have a nice detached garage that measures 20X18. I keep my car & motorcycle in there and have a nice little workshop to boot. I restored an LXi a few years ago and getting it past the garage door to get the boat partially inside wasn't even close as the door opening was to narrow, so I worked weekends when the weather cooperated and took off a day here and there. Now i never TRIED to get the 96 PS in the garage because I never really had a long term project, the boat never broke, just oil changes, winterizing, etc.

Fast foward to this Fall and my ZR6 conversion. Started this project mid October and it's still ongoing as I work out all the issues. Time to work on the MC was limited to the time slots mentioned earlier which made for slow progress until last Saturday. Temps last Saturday where going to be mid thirties in the AM so I decided to get the boat as close to the garage door as possible, set up my heater in the garage and aim it at the door and boat to take the sting out of the cold. Well, as i get real close to the door I take a look and start kicking myself in the arse, the boat is going to fit, I just never tried! I'm still pissed at myself, if I would have tried earlier this project would have been done by now. I think it's going to be a while before I'm over this. Here's a few pics. After I unhook the boat from the truck I put the garage door down on the bow and hang a little plastic on the side openings. Actually, I think I was starting to get over it untill I put together this little BS thread, AAARRRGH!!!

Name:  35ea43d3cca88c1f30c3309ff1ea3925.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  55.3 KB

Name:  3704eed523e9468130b1d00af76bda66.jpg
Size:  57.4 KB

Name:  1495c3ef79fdcdc5d7e43e6e8225cfd1.jpg
Size:  50.0 KB

Name:  06a3a53568ff1fa5941a855f07f31343.jpg
Size:  50.8 KB
    1996 ProStar 190
    PCM ZR6 W/ Zero Off

Sorry, I chuckled a little bit... I learned through experience that dimensions on a sheet or drawing are one thing, but real world is another. Glad to see you can make better progress now.
    If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.
    1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
    275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
    Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams

Comment

That reminds me of the first post in the garage thread. I kind of miss those days of working hard to get a boat into a snug garage.

Comment

couple of tire skates and you'll be able to slide the stern over and close the door..
        sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Haha. Ain't that a kick in the *****. Glad you figured out now before the project is completely done.
          '97 Prostar 190 - LT-1

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.

Comment

Now you can sit in it, put the game on and enjoy a cold one while savoring the comforts of man town and bask in the madness that is MCOCD.
            Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Comment

Ha. Fits like mine but I have to turn it around and put it in forwards by hand.
              My tongue goes into a closet that used to house the air compressor and sits between the wall studs and against the outside sheeting. That leaves me with 1" of clearance at the stern to close the door with the platform off.

And the sides of my door may have some red paint marks on them from a hurried entry on a rainy day--roughly 2" of clearance per side.

Comment

That looks perfect.

Comment

I had (actually, still do) that same Connelly slalom (HP, right?) visible on the back wall of your garage. Got it back in the early '90's if memory serves.

Comment

Hahaha I too laughed out loud. Tight fit but will get the job done.
                    sigpic

Comment

Get some 2X4's and frame out an extension for your garage opening if you want to store it in there all winter. Side it with T-111 or plywood and put 4 casters on it so it's barely off the ground. Secure it to the garage with some hook and eye fasteners. Paint white.....done!
                      I was njskier on here.

Comment

Starbrite hull cleaner through a garden sprayer will take that yellow off
                        www.nwboatsports.com
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/NW-Bo...27792007306783

Comment

And that sir is what we call a EPIC FAIL lol.. I bet you'll atleast try something like that 1 time..
                          No boat.. Looking tho..

US COAST GUARD!!

Comment

Funny, I ran into a similar problem when I upgraded from an x10 to an x45. It's not quite finished yet, but here is what I wound up doing.

2005 X45 - L18

Comment

I see a lot of builders use 8' doors (width) for their 3 car garage bays. They sell the homes and the buyer realizes the SUV will hardly fit. ALWAYS use oversized doors if you can. A 9 ft. min. on a third car garage bay and 18' instead of 16' wide for 2 car doors. I shouldn't have to mention, never do a 7' tall door (8' or more on height). The 18' wide door allows you to be able to get doors to your car open with another car in the bay next to you comfortably. I see people in my neighborhood backing in so they can get out of their car. Stupid builders worrying about cost instead of function. 8' wide doors are for golf carts, bot cars.
                              "One foot in the grave, one foot on the pedal, I was born a rebel" Petty

Comment

Working...
                              X