40th anniversary edition (wifes 40th)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40th anniversary edition (wifes 40th)

I need help! Wife's 40th is coming up in roughly 30 days!

What I know:

My 40th = '02 x-star and a dinner plus a vintage mahogany skateboard

Her expectations/request:

No big parties. Small family and maybe a friend.

*****Nothing boat related...

Trips - form of time share
    SUV - form of New Expedition or the out of budget Lexus 570

I need to give her something while we wait for the new Expedition to come out!!!! The Timeshare deal is not something I can just buy her.

Need help!

My thoughts:

Host a small dinner (9 people)
    Provide Food, her favorite Cake, her favorite wine

And then what? The above sounds like a regular birthday. I suck at this stuff!
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-w...4/IMG_4883.gif

Get her a new AR-15!
    What does the fox say?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...

Comment

get her the matching 40th XStar

Comment

I'd say set up a houseboat trip on one of those killer reservoirs you guys have but I heard they're empty. Summer in SE Michigan is starting to look more attractive if we can ever get past the never ending winter. Horrible winter snow fall translates into full lakes come spring!

Comment

Originally posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
          Get her a new AR-15!
          Technically I DID (well the lower end of one) - but if she ever finds out I'll not need to worry about this party!

Comment

Originally posted by VP46 View Post
            Technically I DID (well the lower end of one) - but if she ever finds out I'll not need to worry about this party!
            so get her the upper half!

"babyyyyyy youuuuuu compleeeeete meeeeeeee xoxoxoxoxox!!!!!!!"

What does the fox say?

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...

Comment

So wait did she get you your x star for your birthday? Lol
              "if one day the speed kills me, do not cry because i was smiling." -Paul Walker

Comment

Get her something for you disguised as a present for her! Such as a new wake board!
                Ted W

Hook Em' Horns

Comment

Get her a day of her own, away from you and the kids (if you have them).

My wife loves the whole spa thing. Massage, getting her nails done and then do dinner in the evening? It easy, but I guess you have to have a wife that enjoys stuff like this...
                  -Cameron
                  2007 ProStar 197
                  1996 ProStar 190

Comment

We can't tell you. Only you know your wife. My ex was a high maintenance person who needed everything for show. You should know what will make her day. If not........let's not go there.
                    '97 Prostar 190 - LT-1

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
                      Only you know your wife.
                      So we hope!
                      What does the fox say?

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.... 16+ yrs of marriage and I'm not sure I've ever nailed a single birthday - she is super hard to buy for.

This is my plan:

Family dinner (everyone) cake and this gift to discuss her real gift(s):

Travelocity find a deal on a night or two in the wine country
                        SPA day
                        and a note to discuss what color she'd like her new expedition to be as well as the a timeshare or simply a couple of weeks wherever she wants to go. (I've already tried Lake Powell - my fav place on the planet but I screwed up and didn't make it her idea - which would not have sealed it but would have at least given me a fighting chance )

That should do it I think.

Originally posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
                        So wait did she get you your x star for your birthday? Lol
                        Yes AND a skateboard

Comment

That's baller! Sounds like you have the bases covered!
                          "if one day the speed kills me, do not cry because i was smiling." -Paul Walker

Comment

Originally posted by VP46 View Post
                            Thanks for all the replies.... 16+ yrs of marriage and I'm not sure I've ever nailed a single birthday -
                            Been there. And didn't make 17. Seriously. And every single year was one form of disappointment. I couldn't win. I tried, I asked, I went out on a limb....I won't judge based on 3 small forum posts, but it strikes such a nerve what you've posted. I'll suggest doing as much as possible that way when you fail you won't second guess yourself. Amazing how easy it is to break when you have no regrets. But I digress......Get her a big piece of jewelry.
                            '97 Prostar 190 - LT-1

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.

Comment

Okay, trying to be creative here so give me a little latitude. How about getting her a set of nail polishes matched to the Expedition colors. IOW, one bottle of nail polish that matches each of the available colors. If you can get the brochure from the dealer with the color chips, I'm sure a salesperson at one of the big dept stores can help you find a close match for most if not all.

Then, if you really want to play out the concept, get the same number of matchbox cars (do they still make them?) and she can paint each one with the nail polish for a 'scale model' Might be a fun way to make selecting the colors interesting, and even if she doesn't actually paint the model, the nail polish is a good "angle" for doing the color exercise.
                              "This one goes to eleven." 2007 ProStar 197 TT w/MCX and Powerslot.

Comment

Working...
                              X