Gen2 did you all know this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen2 did you all know this?

(Edited to add that I am totally wrong about this and so was the Mastercraft rep I talked to so don't waste your time reading..LOL.)

So am I the only knucklehead that didn't know Gen2 also includes a sack that goes under the floor up front? I assume it is plumbed into the overflow on the KGB ballast from the looks of the diagram. The below shows all of the boats that offer Gen2 and the weights associated with each. The X30 adds 1920 lbs total over stock. The X10 adds damn near that much for being a smaller boat, should be good!

This changes my approach to how I weight this thing if so, won't need any additional thru hulls if this is the case. Maybe just slap a few hundred pounds of lead on each side coffin locker.

Last edited by jdhart73; 04-09-2014, 08:51 PM.

I was of the understanding that those numbers included the 3 standard hard tanks, but I could be wrong. If they do include the standard tanks, the rear bags don't look to be maximum volume. The X-2 fly high bags are 450 pounds, which would only leave 100 pounds for the hard tank, if the gen2 bags were the same 450 to fill the rear storage area.

Comment

I think those are all stock KGB tanksZ

Comment

I was told these were the additional bags that go in on top of stock by the person I talked with at Mastercraft today. We know the system includes 2 extra bags in the rear, it was the extra bag up front that I was not aware of.

Comment

Those weights include all factory. It's only adding on about 1k to the x30 in the form of 2 sacs in the rear. Probably about 450s a side. There is easily room for 750s as we all know.
          2013 X-30, 6.0L with 2500lbs of ballast and 500 lbs of lead.
          sigpic

Comment

So if thats all stock KGB tanks then why does it not reflect the plug and play bags that we know go with the system in the rear? Im confused.

Comment

Ahh ok so you are saying the rear corners on the X30 for instance are factory hard tanks plus whatever the bags they put in it for plug and play?

Well thats lame and not at all what they told me but makes sense. The crazy thing is I don't think they know! LOL

I wonder why the random 710 # in the rear? What does the hard tank weight vs. the bags?
              Last edited by jdhart73; 04-09-2014, 08:37 PM.

Comment

I measured the bags on my X30, and calculated their weight when full..... The bags are 400lb, so I assume the factory tanks are 310 each. And I can confirm that my boat did not come with any bag for the front. That advertised weight is just the KGB. I did, however, add a pump, and a pigtail hose, so I could easily fill/empty one in the front. I put the switch in the spot for the tower switch at the helm, and installed a jabsco ballast timer to prevent burning up the switch or the pump.

Comment

Thanks FourFourty, that makes sense. I got all excited thinking I could avoid adding some thru hulls but it looks like I will be doing just that. Oh well! I feel stupid!

Comment

Why add a through hull?

Comment

Boat needs the weight. 800#s in rear lockers, 400-450's in the sides (coffin, cooler area) and 400 lead up front. Now this is weight for listing side to side but doesn't hurt to have it. I guarantee the gen 2 promo video was not shot with a total of 1920lbs of ballast.

I'm adding 2 thru hulls so as to not overwork the factory system and if will speed up my fill and dumps.
                      The new pumps will fill the rear locker and side storage.

Comment

You can put a 1000# sac in the rear locker. I did this on a 2012. I think you can put the 650#
                        Size: 60"L x 26"W x 10"H. In the coffin/cooler area. The only thing is I am not 100% sure of the dimensions of these areas. I will need to wait and see. If anyone has an X30 and wants to measure this area (starboard side cooler locker) that would be great?

Comment

It's 48L x 18W x 12T. (Cooler area)

The rear locker will take a 1000lb bag but will only hold like 790lbs.
                          Dimensions are 50 x 22 x 20. I am throwing some straight line 900's in there.

Comment

How far back did you measure? I thought it was longer than 48". Can you use the Straight Line bags with the Fat Sac fittings?

Comment

You have two existing ballast through hulls. One of which is a two port, and the other should only have one port on it. This design through hull can handle up to 3 1" ports without flow restriction. You only really need one more port added for your auxiliary bags. These through hulls use a "stacked port" configuration. Just add the second stacked port on the through hull that only has one port on it. You won't have any flow restrictions like that. This new setup that MC uses, is a lot better than their old "single through hull+manifold" setup.

Comment

Working...
                              X