Line Length / Speed - Your Favorite?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line Length / Speed - Your Favorite?

I usually ski at 32 MPH at 22 off. What does everyone else like? There's a little bump at 22 off, but 15 is a hair long.

Obviously some experimentation is needed, but what do you guys think about 28 off?
    1988 Prostar 190 - 351 Indmar (1:1) / PerfectPass Digital Pro 6.5n, 13 x 12 Acme 3-Blade

Free skiing, 32 mph at 15off. Need to drop it to 30 though.
    Course, as slow as she'll go; 15 off.
    Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Comment

I free ski at 15 off and 32 to 34, but since I been on the course, I've gone to full rope and 28 mph. 3 balls is my best, but I'm getting real close to getting 4.
      Swaha Lodge Lake Greeson Akansas..... www.swahacabins.com
      Merry Memories......... http://themerryfamily.site.shutterfly.com/

Comment

Sorry, should have clarified my numbers a bit . Open water: 22 off @ 32 mph. Course: 15 off @ 30 mph.
        1988 Prostar 190 - 351 Indmar (1:1) / PerfectPass Digital Pro 6.5n, 13 x 12 Acme 3-Blade

Comment

For me free ski at 32 at 15 off.

Start the course at 28 at 15 off. Best I ever did was 6 balls @32/15 off.
          STARS AND STRIPES FOREVER

Comment

6 @ 30mph consistantly best 3 @ 32mph, I tell you the balls swim away when they see me coming.
            06 AWSA Approved Towboat

Comment

Novice here no course experience, full rope length at 30-32, any shorter or faster and I feel a yard sale happening!
              09 X2, MCX 350, VDig, PP, Heater, Shower, Bow Filler Cushin, Bimini, Wake Plate, 2 Tower Speakers w/Forward integrated docking lights, Tandom Low Profile Trailer

Comment

Free ski at 22 off @ 35-36 mph.
                "To Alcohol, The Cause of and Solution to All of Life's Problems"
                - Homer J. Simpson

Forest River Marine - South Bay Pontoons

The Bestul's

Comment

Free skiing is 15 off @ 32. Still waiting to get the boat to the lake with the course. I'm sure it'll be full length @20 and still only get 2 or three though LOL
                  "I don't wanna grow up I'm a MasterCraft kid"

Comment

Sking the course is a blast!! And I suck, I bet the guys and gals who can really ski do have a blast! Heck I can get 3 balls 95% of the time @ 0 off and 28 mph. My wife got 2 balls @ 0 off and 23mph on two skies??
                    Swaha Lodge Lake Greeson Akansas..... www.swahacabins.com
                    Merry Memories......... http://themerryfamily.site.shutterfly.com/

Comment

Rope length

Through the course 28 off at 32 mph.and open water 35 off at 34 mph..Any length is good behind a mastercraft,but when i'm behind my brother's Nautique forget it!
                      Every day above ground is a good one

Comment

As of last Tuesday,22 off 34 mph in a course.
                        In open water anywhere from 15 to 43 off, 30 to 34 mph.
                        I hope to be at 28 off 34 mph in the course by the end of the week.
                        Working is for people who don't know how to ski

Comment

I free ski at 35 off@ 34 mph. I'm skiing behind my trusty 1083, so there is no wake, no bump - just speed.
                          I have not skied a course in quite awhile, but my best was 3 ball @22 off/34 mph.

I like short line cause it's fast!

Comment

I meant to type 1983, not 1083. Fat fingers.

Comment

Nice shot, John. I don't mind my 22 off, but I guess I've heard people complain about a "bump". At 32 MPH, are there any lengths more preferable then others? I agree, the wake is butter behind the MC!
                              Last edited by PeteS; 09-07-2004, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X