X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calgary and Area TT Members

I have seen a bunch of MC's out there.

What lakes you guys on?

Interested in a "Run the wallies off the lake" get together?

We (unfortunately) frequent Ghost Dam. Sometimes do Travers Dam.
    BOATLESS
    "Call on God, but row away from the rocks"- Dr.Hunter S. Thompson

I've seen lots of Alberta plates at Mabel, Christina, Shuswap, Okanagan and Kalamalka lakes in BC.

I've also heard of skiing in the Bow River, but I don't know exactly where. There's also Chestermere Lake (also nicknamed "the Slough").
    Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps. -Emo Phillips

Comment

I've seen lots of Alberta plates at Mabel, Christina, Shuswap, Okanagan and Kalamalka lakes in BC.

I've also heard of skiing in the Bow River, but I don't know exactly where. There's also Chestermere Lake (also nicknamed "the Slough").
      A lot of us invade BC every summer as our lakes suck. We frequent Osoyoos every year. And I am certianly aware of "Chester-slough". :/
      BOATLESS

Comment

We are usually on Pine Coulee, Little Bow/Travers, Elkwater Lake.
        You know I am in for a "get together".

Kent

2000 Prostar 205V blue and white w/ zero flex tower, killer audio, 4 ballasts.
        Old boat: 1990 prostar 190 black and white.

Comment

I am usually on Gleniffer lake since I have a place out there. Logs can sometimes be an issue but boat traffic is pretty managable. At least once a year I take a trip to the Okanagan - well worth it.

A get together is a great idea.

Comment

we spend a couple weeks at christina lake bc as well as mara...chestermere is a complete hole...

Comment

it's expensive to be a skier in Calgary. After moving here I quickly realized no good skiing spots here. Tried course skiing at Ghost but it sucks. So, had to buy a place at Mara and keep my prostar there. That one hurt and came with a nice mortgage

Comment

Well Bert if you ever want to go for a sucky ski at the Ghost keep an eye out on this thread, we don't have a mortgage in Mara and there certainly isn;t a whole lot of camp grounds anymore.
                BOATLESS

Comment

If any of you guys are in the area (Okaogan Lake or Osoyoos) drop me a line, will be sure to hook up. Always see lots of red plates in the area pulling a MC.

Comment

Me and my 2003 X-10 hand at MacGregor quite a bit. See a few MC's out there but mainly fisherman......the don't like my wake at all....

Comment

If any of you guys are in the area (Okaogan Lake or Osoyoos) drop me a line, will be sure to hook up. Always see lots of red plates in the area pulling a MC.
                      Should be in Osoyoos first two weeks in September.
                      BOATLESS

Comment

We go to Sheerness most of the time as it is fairly close, but it can get stupid busy on the weekends. Nice and warm with the power plant though.

Comment

Cochrane MC

Live 10 mins from Ghost and ski, surf, board etc there all the time in the spring and fall! If you see me say hi!!
                          John
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by thijs View Post
                            Well Bert if you ever want to go for a sucky ski at the Ghost keep an eye out on this thread, we don't have a mortgage in Mara and there certainly isn;t a whole lot of camp grounds anymore.
                            Didn't mean it the way it came out Just the weather is a tough out there (windy) Use the course at Ghost village often with a couple of fellow MC owners with places on Ghost. Come on by and come on out to BC as well. All water is good.

Comment

Didn't mean it the way it came out Just the weather is a tough out there (windy) Use the course at Ghost village often with a couple of fellow MC owners with places on Ghost. Come on by and come on out to BC as well. All water is good.
                              I didn't mean to come off that way either. I agree, Ghost Dam sucks, it is windy, cold, busy and often full of debris. I hate that lake with a passion. It is just that it is close. We do frequent the course to ski and have met a guy with an older 190 on the course.

Live 10 mins from Ghost and ski, surf, board etc there all the time in the spring and fall! If you see me say hi!!
                              John
                              I'll look out for ya, here is my wife and I. You might also see my dad Barry and mother out there without me if I am working.
                              Attached Files
                              BOATLESS

Comment

Working...
                              X