Black Rims on Black Truck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Rims on Black Truck

I have been thinking about putting black rims on my black Silverado. Anyone have any favorite brands?

I like the looks of a few I found online.

V-rock Recon
    Tuff T01
    XD Rockstar (although I think the star is a little big)
    "These go to eleven."

Black on black looks awesome.
    Personally I'd ditch the Rockstars, too cliche.
    Many cool wheel designs out there.
    The main thing I look at is the complexity of the wheel with respect to cleaning. Personally I dont want to have to take a tooth brush to all the nooks and crannies on hte rim to get the brake dust off. SImple desing that can be cleaned up with a sponge is what I like.
    '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

Originally posted by Thrall View Post
      The main thing I look at is the complexity of the wheel with respect to cleaning. Personally I dont want to have to take a tooth brush to all the nooks and crannies on hte rim to get the brake dust off. SImple desing that can be cleaned up with a sponge is what I like.
      Very well said. That's key, IMO, to getting a wheel you can live with for an extended period of time.

Comment

Love the Black on Black look I got the XD Monsters. The star on the Rockstars reminds me of the Dallas Cowboys and I'm not a fan of theirs.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Willski View Post
          I have been thinking about putting black rims on my black Silverado. Anyone have any favorite brands?

I like the looks of a few I found online.

V-rock Recon
          Tuff T01
          XD Rockstar (although I think the star is a little big)
          What year Silverado and what size wheels are you thinking?
          - Peter
          TANDEM AXLE PACKAGE - $950 DELIVERED WHEEL IMAGE
          5 14X5.5 T06 WHEELS W/5 ST215/75R14 KENDA LOADSTAR RADIALS SS CENTER CAPS, LUGS, MOUNTED, BALANCED & READY TO INSTALL

PM or email me for tire, wheel or package pricing.
          CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
          LED lights, Chrome & Powder Coated Lugs
          2 LED 6" BRAKE LIGHTS DELIVERED $25

tiresplease@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Thrall View Post
            but if you do, be sure to use someone else's tooth bruch

Comment

Not the same style of wheel you mentioned, but I love the black on black.
              Attached Files

Comment

Not sure if it's an option for you, but I liked my stock wheels so much that I had them powdercoated. Too many XD's and the like in my area.

Comment

Bmf novakanes in death metal.. Best thing ever for a black truck IMO Name:  46899ade0e17a3a0dc5569ce392c12dd.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  104.1 KB

Tapatalk
                  1990 prostar 190, 351, powerslot 1.5:1, tinted windows

Comment

Maybe I'm old school, Not a huge fan of painted rims on any vehicle. A little too hokey for me. Like when people tint their tail lights and turn signals.

I mean black on black on black. Come on. Break it up a bit with some bling.

Stole this photo from google.
                    Attached Files
                    sigpic
                    When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.
                    1 Corinthians Chapter 13 - 11

Comment

Originally posted by Traxx822 View Post
                      Maybe I'm old school, Not a huge fan of painted rims on any vehicle. A little too hokey for me. Like when people tint their tail lights and turn signals.

I mean black on black on black. Come on. Break it up a bit with some bling.

Stole this photo from google.
                      Rims look great, but trust me, they're a complete PITA to keep looking that way. That's why I switched to black.

Comment

Oh I know, I have had many chrome rims. A little wax helps make the shine last. But I would still put them on. Someone said earlier they don't like the intricate tight spots you could only clean with a toothbrush. I agree sponge cleanable only rims makes it not so bad.
                        sigpic
                        When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.

Comment

I have an uncle thats, well he's pretty well off, anyways everything he owns is black on black on black. I mean even custom ordered his wifes WRX in all black including the sticking which is normally red.

He has this Audi RS4 that he recently put on red adv10dc rims. I was so stunned. But have to admit. They are kinda cool.

Its definitely a taste thing. I was just playing devils advocate. I see so many vehicles with black rims now that its almost cliche.
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Traxx822 View Post
                            Oh I know, I have had many chrome rims. A little wax helps make the shine last. But I would still put them on. Someone said earlier they don't like the intricate tight spots you could only clean with a toothbrush. I agree sponge cleanable only rims makes it not so bad.
                            Something to keep in mind with any wheels - the car wash alone will not clean your wheels sufficiently. You need to take a bucket of suds to them on a regular basis to remove the road combination of brake dust and road grime. A natural sponge is the best for cleaning wheels, but they are hard to find. I have always kept a roll of paper towel and a bottle of spray cleaner in my vehicles with nice wheels for touch-ups.
                            - Peter
                            TANDEM AXLE PACKAGE - $950 DELIVERED WHEEL IMAGE
                            5 14X5.5 T06 WHEELS W/5 ST215/75R14 KENDA LOADSTAR RADIALS SS CENTER CAPS, LUGS, MOUNTED, BALANCED & READY TO INSTALL

PM or email me for tire, wheel or package pricing.
                            CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
                            LED lights, Chrome & Powder Coated Lugs
                            2 LED 6" BRAKE LIGHTS DELIVERED $25

tiresplease@gmail.com

Comment

Here's my friends Silverado... he has 22" Rockstars...We didn't like the big star either so we powdercoated it black...looks great!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X