Wake Surfing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wake Surfing

Thought I'd start a new Thread for anything and everything wake surfing. Add your pictures, questions or comments from weighting the boat, tab settings etc. anything to do with surfing

First Pic - How we load the boat
    Second Pic - My son Thrashing it
    Third Pic - 2 at once, did not catch it on camera, but have a video of my son surfing up behind my son-in-law and jumping from his board to the other. They nailed it on the 2nd try!
    Attached Files

Good looking wave. I have an x-15 and cant seem to get the back corner in the water enough no matter how much weight I put back there. What is your set up?

Comment

good looking wave?

man, that things huge - looks like the kids surfing in cali... LOL
      What does the fox say?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...

Comment

We have the X2 specific sacs in the rears, I think they are 425lbs, Port full, KGB full. Center tab up, I don't have surf tabs. I don't think we had it filled for this shot, but a 350lb down the walkway helps extend the wave some. All peeps on the port side, does help to have at least one person in the bow. We have had 10 on the boat and the rub rail touching the water, but the wave was not much more than what you see in this picture!

Hope that helps! Almost forgot, play with your speed, around 9.6 on the PP for my boat, depending on how many people, I might bump it up or down a bit, just watch the wave and adjust as you are running.

Comment

We have an 2010 X-2 that loaded out with Surf tabs. We run 400# in the port locker, Port tank full, 400# on the back seat, 400 on the port seat, and 400 down the middle with the KGB full.

As has been said before, if you can put someone up front it can lengthen the wave nicely.

We also have found that 9.4 to 10.4 is great on the PP

Comment

Guy correct me if I'm wrong but the X-15 and the X-2 are pretty close to the same underneath is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Tri4X2 View Post
              Guy correct me if I'm wrong but the X-15 and the X-2 are pretty close to the same underneath is that correct?
              Yes they are the same...I have been on a quest to perfect this darn wake for surfing. I have port ballast filled with a plumbed (piggyback) integrated overflow jumbo sac (1100lbs when completely full but due to space limitations prob fills to about 500-700lbs) in port locker, I have two 425lb sacs that I have been playing around with where to put them. We usually do not fill the KGB because everyone I have spoken to about this says to fill the back corner. I can't remember the back corner of our boat near as low to the water as the above pictures...

Comment

09 X2
                All Hard Tanks Full
                Port Fly High rear locker Full
                Front FLy High Full
                STB FLy High Bag where cooler goes, as full as it can
                250kg sac along back seat corner
                250 Kg sac along port seat
                250Kg sac under flip up seat
                250 kg bag along port floor
                Surf Tabs and centre retracted
                250kg bag in walk way
                few peeps, beer and fuel
                16.5kph

Comment

Is that the Swan River?

RIPPEN!!!!!!! That's SICK!!!!

Comment

wow... is your boat about to sink with all that weight?? haha

Comment

Yep...skanky swan. And yep pretty much sinking !

Comment

Originally posted by BigWilson View Post
                        Yes they are the same...I have been on a quest to perfect this darn wake for surfing. I have port ballast filled with a plumbed (piggyback) integrated overflow jumbo sac (1100lbs when completely full but due to space limitations prob fills to about 500-700lbs) in port locker, I have two 425lb sacs that I have been playing around with where to put them. We usually do not fill the KGB because everyone I have spoken to about this says to fill the back corner. I can't remember the back corner of our boat near as low to the water as the above pictures...
                        depending on the amount of people and if we put the L shaped Sac on the port seat... we can put a rub rail in the water. we run the KGB full to half full... As one pro here in texas put it.... Add weight until you feel uncomfortable... then add a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by Tri4X2 View Post
                          Add weight until you feel uncomfortable... then add a little more.
                          Best advise I've read so far.
                          Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's The X-Star

Comment

Originally posted by peettee79 View Post
                            Yep...skanky swan. And yep pretty much sinking !
                            BONZA!!!!!

Comment

Ive always said...load it till it wont plane, then back it off until the wave is clean.

Comment

Working...
                              X