surfing an 07 X2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surfing an 07 X2

Is it possible to surf an 07 X2 with just the stock ballast? I read a lot of the posts earlier and just not sure if I'm ready to invest in some fatsacs. If we loaded the KGB and the port stock tank and put all of our passengers on the port/in the bow could we get a semi-decent wave?
    If we have to buy more ballast can they be filled with the pumps already installed or will I have to buy another pump?

Yes and yes. Just invite the fattest friends you can find and piggy back the oem pumps, but be sure to bypass them stupid timers.

Comment

don't fill the kgb. you'll need about 7-8 people in the boat.

Comment

Yes you can surf it with stock ballast, but the more weight you put in that boat the better.
        '07 Navy Blue X2 MCX
        http://www.wakeblaster.com/

Comment

What's the best way to bypass timers on an 07 X2 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Set View Post
            What's the best way to bypass timers on an 07 X2 ?
            Am keen to do this to...

Comment

We have surfed a stock X2 a lot.....not a huge wake, but very surfable..........

Note: my comment is based on tr6coug's comment above. They surf that boat a lot.......... the boat I learned behind.
              Last edited by BrooksfamX2; 01-11-2012, 04:04 PM.
              MISS "B" HAVEN
              2007 X2, Indmar 350 MCX
              OJ 522 14.75 x 15.5
              2006 F150 SCrew Puller
              http://www.crowniehq.net
              http://banners.wunderground.com/weat.../OR/Albany.gif

Comment

I have an '06 X2 and my wife can surf the stock starboard wake all day (she rides goofy). i am 6'2" and about 250 lbs and ride the port side. I have a hard time staying in the pocket with the stock ballast. I either run into the swim platform or lose the "push" from the wave. Our board is a 4'6" and I think that is a little small for me as well.

For Christmas I got the 1650 lb X2 piggy back system from wakemakers and a new 5'0" CWB surf board. I cannot wait to get out there and try it out! All this and MC releases their "Best Summer Ever" video on FB - I am going crazy already! LOL

Comment

07 x2 even have timers? I thought those came around in 08 or 09

Comment

yes 07's have timers

Comment

I have a 08 x2, I replaced the stock hard tanks in the rear with 2 550lb bags.
                      Ive found surfing works best filling just the port side rear bag and keeping the KGB empty. tried it with 4 people in the boat and was able to surf without the handle but felt very close to the swim platform. I am still learning though.

I removed the timers, they seemed to be malfunctioning for me as the pumps wouldn't turn on even though the pumps were working fine. I decided to just get rid of them. It was quite easy to do and well worth it, I purchased the relays at an auto part store, the timers actually have the relays in there if you can solder and want to make use of them.

Heres the wiring diagram I used, credit to the guys who made it, cant remember who.
                      If anyone wants to do this, its easy no soldering required, if you need more detail or pics let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by draegerd View Post
                        Is it possible to surf an 07 X2 with just the stock ballast? I read a lot of the posts earlier and just not sure if I'm ready to invest in some fatsacs. If we loaded the KGB and the port stock tank and put all of our passengers on the port/in the bow could we get a semi-decent wave?
                        If we have to buy more ballast can they be filled with the pumps already installed or will I have to buy another pump?
                        We surfed our entire 1st year in an '09 with stock ballast, just have 3 -4 people on the surf side and you can surf it all day long... Add a 400# sack to the surf side locker, fill your KGB and it is "Rock & Roll"

Comment

Originally posted by MattsCraft View Post
                          We surfed our entire 1st year in an '09 with stock ballast, just have 3 -4 people on the surf side and you can surf it all day long... Add a 400# sack to the surf side locker, fill your KGB and it is "Rock & Roll"
                          some say fill kgb and some say dont what is the consensus for you x2'ers
                          David
                          2008 X2 MCX
                          1999 Maristar 210 (sold)
                          1996 Bayliner 2050

Comment

Definately for me best results with KGB filled, plus additional bags up front really cleans the wake and lengthens it

Comment

Originally posted by g-mantrix View Post
                              Definately for me best results with KGB filled, plus additional bags up front really cleans the wake and lengthens it
                              Does anyone use fat bricks pro x or any smaller type sac up in the bow?
                              David
                              2008 X2 MCX
                              1999 Maristar 210 (sold)
                              1996 Bayliner 2050

Comment

Working...
                              X