First Barefoot behind the 85 S&S

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Barefoot behind the 85 S&S

Thanks to all the TT'ers out there who gave me advice and ideas...and to those whose threads I read over and over. With your help, I have her running pretty good. And with the glassy water in the morning, I thought I'd give it a shot. So glad that I did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFx9JMFqm20

Nice boat, nice run. Was the camera balanced, or did you have an observer?
    I spent most of my money on booze, broads and boats. The rest I wasted. - Elmore Leonard

Comment

Love the top end of those...and they handle like an f'n go kart!
      2002 Blue Prostar 197, 0 Flex Tower, Perfect Pass, and The Preditor-ADHD Skier

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :

Comment

Originally posted by madcityskier View Post
        Nice boat, nice run. Was the camera balanced, or did you have an observer?
        Thanks and Thanks.

Its a GoPro with a suction cup mount on the windshield. BEST money I've ever spent on a camera. I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
          Love the top end of those...and they handle like an f'n go kart!
          Definitely! Only problem is that I am NOT what people are looking at when I go by

Comment

Nice run!

Do you have a mirror so he doesn't have to keep looking over his shoulder?
            Hello, my name Ryan!

Comment

Originally posted by xtnkshun View Post
              Definitely! Only problem is that I am NOT what people are looking at when I go by
              I have that same problem when I'm out in my boat. Great looking ride!
              - Peter
              TANDEM AXLE PACKAGE - $950 DELIVERED WHEEL IMAGE
              5 14X5.5 T06 WHEELS W/5 ST215/75R14 KENDA LOADSTAR RADIALS SS CENTER CAPS, LUGS, MOUNTED, BALANCED & READY TO INSTALL

PM or email me for tire, wheel or package pricing.
              CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
              LED lights, Chrome & Powder Coated Lugs
              2 LED 6" BRAKE LIGHTS DELIVERED $25

tiresplease@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by barefoot View Post
                Nice run!

Do you have a mirror so he doesn't have to keep looking over his shoulder?
                Haha. Yeah, it was early and muggy and the front windshield kept fogging up. So he was already standing to see out the front. Was surprised that the GoPro stayed mounted with all the moisture.

Comment

Originally posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
                  I have that same problem when I'm out in my boat. Great looking ride!
                  Price we pay for having hot women.

Comment

Did you do anything to the engine? Or does the 85 S&S have a fast top end?

Comment

S&S should run 44-45 stock with a light load. I'm big fella (285lbs) and I'm still able to foot with it, though I'm a boom guy these days. Don't have a barefoot suit any more, and some torn ligaments in the knee keep me from being able to do a one foot for fear of what the pressure did to me the last time I tried to step off. For the rare time I do go, I can't justify buying a barefoot suit.
                      Your boat should be running about the same speed.
                      Issues?
                      If so start with what prop you're running, what condition is it in? How's the engine running? What are your rpm wot? How much stuff is in the boat? Any wonky behavior from the engine?
                      I spent most of my money on booze, broads and boats. The rest I wasted. - Elmore Leonard

Comment

Working...
                      X