Course Skiing...I'm hooked!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Course Skiing...I'm hooked!

Today was the first time I ever got a chance to try the slalom course. The conditions were terrible, we swam for 20 minutes to set it up, and all of my academics and studying about body position went out the window...but I have never had so much fun skiing!

I was able to make 1 buoy at 30mph @ 15 off, and ran a full pass of novice buoys at 30 @ 15 off twice in a row...and made the start and end gates for each pass. Not bad for a first time?

I love how it sets a "barometer" for your skiing and gives you something to strive for one ball at a time.

I'll stop waxing poetic now, just wanted to share my excitement for my newfound love

This is the first day of the rest of your life!!!
    Bouys are addictives.Soon,you ll want more and more of them !!!
    Keep skiing!!!

Comment

I can feel your excitement slam across town. Thanks for sharing.
      sigpicLisa

I LOVE my Mastercraft! - It's Never Too Late!

Comment

There are two MSC members I blame all the time for my buoy addiction... LOL
        What does the fox say?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...

Comment

I too hope to be able to post a similar experience soon! I am a recreational skier and have always wanted to try a course. I am in SE Wisconsin and although we have a ton of lakes, there do not seem to be any courses around???

Comment

Here's a few of the wipeouts from last night at Metroplex Ski Club's Ski League:

Not a wipeout, but more of a determination to nail that 28' off pass....

What does the fox say?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...

Comment

Originally posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
              Here's a few of the wipeouts from last night at Metroplex Ski Club's Ski League:

Not a wipeout, but more of a determination to nail that 28' off pass....

You'll NEVER run 28off if your ski isn't on edge crossing that little wake!
              http://weathersticker.wunderground.c.../Brunswick.gif

Comment

Dislocated both shoulders and tore ligaments in both knees between '91-'94 I'm not returning to the course any time soon but it was a blast while it lasted

Comment

Originally posted by SkiDog View Post
                  You'll NEVER run 28off if your ski isn't on edge crossing that little wake!
                  That last pic looks like me passing over the wake... what happened - fall of the edge?
                  sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
                    That last pic looks like me passing over the wake... what happened - fall of the edge?
                    lost his leverage, another couple of seconds and its over the front

Comment

Originally posted by JMLVMI View Post
                      Today was the first time I ever got a chance to try the slalom course. The conditions were terrible, we swam for 20 minutes to set it up, and all of my academics and studying about body position went out the window...but I have never had so much fun skiing!

I was able to make 1 buoy at 30mph @ 15 off, and ran a full pass of novice buoys at 30 @ 15 off twice in a row...and made the start and end gates for each pass. Not bad for a first time?

I love how it sets a "barometer" for your skiing and gives you something to strive for one ball at a time.

I'll stop waxing poetic now, just wanted to share my excitement for my newfound love
                      Awesome! Love to hear stuff like this.
                      1996 ProStar 190
                      PCM ZR6 W/ Zero Off

Comment

Fantastic. Slalom, it's the bread and butter.

Comment

You are on a slippery slope towards obssesion and I urge you to remember your family and job. Definitely set aside one day every summer to boat with your wife/kids and try not to leave work early too often just so you can get some sets in.

Comment

Chris Kosek from Buffalo Minnesota told me I had to be in this position crossing the wake. I tried real hard but clearly it is going to take more practice.

He told me this as he was pulling behind a 2013 Malibu Response

Comment

Originally posted by LaRue View Post
                              Chris Kosek from Buffalo Minnesota told me I had to be in this position crossing the wake. I tried real hard but clearly it is going to take more practice.

He told me this as he was pulling behind a 2013 Malibu Response
                              This is what I need to work on as well..... I am hoping I will find out what I am doing wrong tomorrow... probably a commitment thing... or growing a sac... - can't wait... It's soooo easy for someone to tell us slalom in training folks.. it just takes time. Hopefully I will have some video from tomorrow with Wade Cox.
                              sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Working...
                              X