No announcement yet.

Fall skiing...where are the diehards!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall skiing...where are the diehards!?

Went out tonight...not exactly roughing it. 70* air and 70* water, but I wanted to bust out my new O'Neill Hammer wetsuit

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Never used one before, and I really liked it! Couldn't even feel the water. I'm sure that will change in another 15* or so, but I will be skiing into November at this rate.

Also got some video with my new iPhone 5S slow-mo camera; coming soon...
    Attached Files

I ordered one of the oneil hammer shirts Monday, should get it today and can't wait to try it this weekend at table rock.
    1990 prostar 190, 351, powerslot 1.5:1, tinted windows

Comment

70 and 70 - lol... I have a henderson 7/5 full suit.. I hope to get 1 to 2 outings yet. Short days, work, weather and most important - other die hards have to be available...
      sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Was out last night myself. Oneil hammer heater top and all was good. When it gets to cold for that, I'm done. Hoping to make into November but we will see.

You look like I need a beer!

2001 Prostar 195 Sold

2007 X45 LY6

Comment

70/70 is early June skiing for us. Considering taking one last run this Saturday before putting the ski up for the year. It will most likely be more like 50/60. 60 being the water. will most likely go with a wetsuit jacket and tough it out. Not quite dry suit weather yet.

Comment

Went out last week, it was about 74 (air)/65 (water) here in Iowa. I have 3/4 wetsuit that made it very comfortable to be in the water. I would go out again, but I can't get anyone to go when they have to wear a sweatshirt in the boat. I am hoping for one my fluke 70 or 80 degree day to go out. I need to get some die hard skier friends.

Comment

Originally posted by bturner2 View Post
              70/70 is early June skiing for us. Considering taking one last run this Saturday before putting the ski up for the year. It will most likely be more like 50/60. 60 being the water. will most likely go with a wetsuit jacket and tough it out. Not quite dry suit weather yet.
              Yep, I was out on higgins a couple weeks ago. It was pretty cold but I don't own any suit. I'm asking for one for Christmas this year so we can start the season earlier next year.

Comment

10 day for cast by weather.com shows the low for next Friday to be 34 , a few days of that and you might have the lake to yourself !

Comment

Originally posted by MI_Corey View Post
                  Yep, I was out on higgins a couple weeks ago. It was pretty cold but I don't own any suit. I'm asking for one for Christmas this year so we can start the season earlier next year.
                  Go for the O'Neil bag suit. I use mine in the spring and by the time you don't need it anymore the air and water are getting warm quickly enough to tough out a run without going to a wet suit. At least that's what I do.

Comment

I'm going old school this weekend. Regular swim trunks and a mouthguard so I don't chip a tooth due to convulsive teeth chatter. Forecast predicts frosty mornings for this weekend with miles and miles of glassy water.
                    Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Comment

The days of skiing all year round...

Erk, Golfhacker & Rockman...Wautoma, Wisconsin December...2005ish?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                        The days of skiing all year round...

Erk, Golfhacker & Rockman...Wautoma, Wisconsin December...2005ish?
                        Thugs....
                        -Cameron
                        2007 ProStar 197
                        1996 ProStar 190

Comment

Originally posted by Sodar View Post
                          Thugs....
                          We're not a gang, we're a CLUB!

Comment

Combo skis were used to break the ice at the boat ramp! Good ole' days!
                            sigpicwww.lauderdalelakesmarina.com

Comment

Originally posted by erkoehler View Post
                              Combo skis were used to break the ice at the boat ramp! Good ole' days!
                              That WAS funny...back the 190 down the ramp and onto the thin ice and then crunch! Trailer now in water!

That was a good 15 yards or so of ice...

Comment

Working...
                              X