Best place to order decals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to order decals

I recently purchased a '79 Stars and Stripes and I want to restore it back to new. The stars and the mastercraft lettering are fading so I was wondering where is the best place to order these decals? My gelcoat isn't the best but I think a good buff might get that back to new. I also own a '99 dodge dakota which I want Mastercraft decals on to match the boat. Where is the best place to get these from and how much it might cost for the boat decals?

Thanks boyz
    '79 all the time

I have bought a few decals from this guy on ebay.

They look good, but I havn't put them on yet to let you know how they stick and hold up.
    STARS AND STRIPES FOREVER

Comment

I ordered some early nineties decals from Lex at Rambo Marine.
      Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Comment

Thanks guys,

I think I will try to see if either of these two guys can make the '79 lettering--the 80's style is a little different. I will let you know how it goes.

'79 all the time
        '79 all the time

Comment

Her is a link to a old thread that may help for pre 80's .
          You might want to check with JEREMY79 also.
          STARS AND STRIPES FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by Powerslot82
            I have bought a few decals from this guy on ebay.

They look good, but I havn't put them on yet to let you know how they stick and hold up.
            That's the ticket. Good stickers.
            93 190
            Don't be a boot licker

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

sigpic

..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
            NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Comment

I am also restoring a 79 and completed creating my registration numbers using the font.

Comment

Originally posted by eschind
                I am also restoring a 79 and completed creating my registration numbers using the font.
                Did you ever find out what font the '79 lettering was? I want to add some lettering to the rear of the boat and it would be sweet to use the '79 font.

Thanks for the help, I email that guy on ebay--hopefully he can make the '79 lettering.

[IMG]
                '79 all the time

Comment

Here's a bitmap of the graphics from a '78. You can take it to a local sign shop and they can make the graphics for you.

1978 MasterCraft Graphics Courtesy of SkiBoatHelp.com
                  Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Comment

I'll throw in my

I hate stickers on boats. Stickers + water = peeling. end of discussion

I used the graphics from skiboathelp.com and took them to a sign shop. I had them cut them backwards where they actually kept the MasterCraft sticker and I kept the outline. I painted mine on the boat using that techique. There is a picure of them in my gallery.

ja
                    #1 supporter of wadka

Comment

Originally posted by JEREMY79
                      I'll throw in my

I hate stickers on boats. Stickers + water = peeling. end of discussion

I used the graphics from skiboathelp.com and took them to a sign shop. I had them cut them backwards where they actually kept the MasterCraft sticker and I kept the outline. I painted mine on the boat using that techique. There is a picure of them in my gallery.

ja
                      Jeremy, I hear ya' man and each to their own, but in all honesty I have had 7 MCs and have been around more than I care to remember. I cannot say that I remember one sticker peeling away. But specifically on all of the boats I have owned, not one incident of peeling to a manner of dissatisfaction (maybe the point of a star but I've pressed that right back into place)....

Not to argue the point at all. Just my $0.02 as well my friend...

Now as a post script: With that being said for all of two cents... Do you have the template available electronically, in case one would ever have a need for a friend or other inquiry. I like stuff like that... Thanks.
                      Last edited by Cloaked; 07-13-2005, 10:01 PM.
                      93 190
                      Don't be a boot licker

sigpic

..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

Comment

Exactly to each his own. I just didnt want to have to worry about points of stars peeling or what really gets me is being able to feel the edge of the star or letter. I dont have a template or anything. I got mine from skiboathelp.com. I just printed it and gave it to them with the measurements and picked up my outlines.
                        #1 supporter of wadka

Comment

heres the ones i had made.

Comment

If and when I have mine repainted I am forgoing the stickers and painting my graphics on. It just makes cleaning and buffing some much easier. Also, some hull cleaners will bleach the stickers out so you have to be careful there as well
                            Living like no one else so later we can live like no one else

MC's owned:
                            1986 Skier 19
                            1995 ProStar 190
                            2003 X-7
                            1994 ProStar 205 (current)

Comment

Originally posted by jrandol
                              If and when I have mine repainted I am forgoing the stickers and painting my graphics on. It just makes cleaning and buffing some much easier. Also, some hull cleaners will bleach the stickers out so you have to be careful there as well
                              Same here jR.. I'm going to strip mine in a few weeks and leave off all of the stickers. I'll buy a set to have for the next guy or gal....

Sand.. nice looking machine. I like that shot as it shows how wide the exhaust ports were in that year. I had a 79 that I barefooted right off of the platform. When the exhausts were routed inside of the stringers, hot water came out on my feet. Can't foot there any more... LOL... Post a few more pics please. Interior too...

Do you strap your boat to the trailer??? I don't see any cinches or straps.. Just curious.
                              93 190
                              Don't be a boot licker

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X