Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MC Valve covers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MC Valve covers

    I've always liked the look of the Ford Racing wrinkle finish valve covers for the 351 but would rather have "Mastercraft" on the engine than "Ford". So...
    Attached Files

  • #2
    That looks fantastic. I have a pair sitting in the garage and now I know what they need to look like.
    - Peter
    TANDEM AXLE PACKAGE - $950 DELIVERED WHEEL IMAGE
    5 14X5.5 T06 WHEELS W/5 ST215/75R14 KENDA LOADSTAR RADIALS SS CENTER CAPS, LUGS, MOUNTED, BALANCED & READY TO INSTALL

    PM or email me for tire, wheel or package pricing.
    CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
    LED lights, Chrome & Powder Coated Lugs
    2 LED 6" BRAKE LIGHTS DELIVERED $25

    tiresplease@gmail.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Those are really nice.

      How much, who did it, can they do more, details please
      Rollin' Gangsta Style

      "Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
      If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....

      Comment


      • #4
        Damn it man I just got the ones that say Ford Racing!

        Those look great ...details please

        Comment


        • #5
          Nicely done!
          '96 ProStar 205 SD LT-1

          Comment


          • #6
            Come on disclose! Let's hear who made those bad boys.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Covi View Post
              Come on disclose! Let's hear who made those bad boys.
              I picked up a pair of stock blue ones from a member here, stripped them, painted with wrinkle finish and exposed the fins and logo with 80 grit sandpaper on a block. They turned out better that I expected.
              Last edited by tph; 07-24-2012, 10:28 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by LYNRDSKYNRD View Post
                Damn it man I just got the ones that say Ford Racing!

                Those look great ...details please
                Ford is what powers the boat.

                I don't get it.......... MC power? It's a Ford engine....

                Skinny, you're on target with the Ford insignia.

                The MC cover isn't bad looking at all, but a Ford is a Ford, regardless of what it powers...

                Fast forward a few: I got curious as to what stamp was on my covers. Sure as shootin', it's MC power stamped. I still don't see the logic but I'm stuck with the curse.

                .

                .
                Last edited by Cloaked; 07-24-2012, 08:36 PM.
                93 190
                .
                Don't be a boot licker
                .

                Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

                sigpic

                ..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

                RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
                NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

                feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

                .

                Comment


                • #9
                  *******

                  Originally posted by Cloaked View Post
                  Ford is what powers the boat.

                  I don't get it.......... MC power? It's a Ford engine....

                  Skinny, you're on target with the Ford insignia.

                  The MC cover isn't bad looking at all, but a Ford is a Ford, regardless of what it powers...

                  Fast forward a few: I got curious as to what stamp was on my covers. Sure as shootin', it's MC power stamped. I still don't see the logic but I'm stuck with the curse.


                  .

                  .
                  Where do Pleasurecraft, Indmar, Ilmore,Crusader, Mercruiser, and the other Marinizers fit into the equation. Is that label OK, or should all the engines just have bowties and ovals on them?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by tph View Post
                    I picked up a pair of stock blue ones from a member here, stripped them, painted with wrinkle finish and exposed the fins and logo with 80 grit sandpaper on a block. They turned out better that I expected.
                    Did you use a chemical stripper to remove the blue paint? What brand of paint did you use? This just move up towards the top of the To Do List.
                    - Peter
                    TANDEM AXLE PACKAGE - $950 DELIVERED WHEEL IMAGE
                    5 14X5.5 T06 WHEELS W/5 ST215/75R14 KENDA LOADSTAR RADIALS SS CENTER CAPS, LUGS, MOUNTED, BALANCED & READY TO INSTALL

                    PM or email me for tire, wheel or package pricing.
                    CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
                    LED lights, Chrome & Powder Coated Lugs
                    2 LED 6" BRAKE LIGHTS DELIVERED $25

                    tiresplease@gmail.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Isn't the blue on them power coat??
                      Tim
                      Gone, surfing.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by tph View Post
                        Where do Pleasurecraft, Indmar, Ilmore,Crusader, Mercruiser, and the other Marinizers fit into the equation. Is that label OK, or should all the engines just have bowties and ovals on them?
                        The engine manufacturer logo will do nicely. For the price of a new MC, this logo is appropriate.

                        Voodoo
                        Name:  7742e97722f593d13cc833c9382162ce.jpeg
Views: 1
Size:  3.4 KB

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
                          Did you use a chemical stripper to remove the blue paint? What brand of paint did you use? This just move up towards the top of the To Do List.
                          Yes, I used Jasco stripper. It took a few coats. I found an old toothbrush and toothpicks came in handy to get in between the logo letters.

                          VHT wrinkle finish paint. Available at O'reilly's auto on the west coast. I'm sure it's readily available across the country.
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
                            Isn't the blue on them power coat??
                            I think it's paint. Whatever it is, was fairly easily removed with Jasco Epoxy and Paint remover.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by tph View Post
                              I've always liked the look of the Ford Racing wrinkle finish valve covers for the 351 but would rather have "Mastercraft" on the engine than "Ford". So...
                              That's fantastic! I've seen a few valve covers redone on this forum over the years, but that wrinkly finish helps the uncovered fins really pop.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X