gel coat on transom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gel coat on transom

last summer while at the wakeboard tour at table rock I had a tige tied off the back of my transom on my x2. well I didn't see how the guy tied it up but turns out I have marks where the rope swayed back and forth leaving marks on the black gel coat. I have tried to wax the area and it does not help.

any ideas?

thanks

Originally posted by ttu View Post
    last summer while at the wakeboard tour at table rock I had a tige tied off the back of my transom on my x2. well I didn't see how the guy tied it up but turns out I have marks where the rope swayed back and forth leaving marks on the black gel coat. I have tried to wax the area and it does not help.

any ideas?

thanks
    I'd try some rubbing compound and a wool pad, or something similar. I have some black gel and have done this with success.

93 190
    Don't be a boot licker

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

sigpic

..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
    NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Comment

Originally posted by Cloaked View Post
      I'd try some rubbing compound and a wool pad, or something similar. I have some black gel and have done this with success.

thanks for the info. I did use some turtle wax compound I had here at the house with a sponge applicator and it didn't do a whole lot. maybe the wool pad would help.

Comment

A high speed buffer with a wool pad will be your best and most effective method. A good gel coat compound is key but the heat generated by the machine in conjunction with the compound delivers the results you would be most pleased with.

Comment

Collinite 920 and a wool pad on your buffer.

Comment

thanks for the info. looks like I need to buy a buffer. any type you recommend with out breaking the bank!))

Comment

I've used a cheap one from harbor freight with good success.

Comment

Plus 1 for the Harbor freight model...I have one, its perfect.

Comment

thank you guys. I looked at the buffers on harbor freight. which one do you recommend.

Comment

thank you guys. I looked at the buffers on harbor freight. which one do you recommend.
                    This is the one I have and it works fine, but just remember to start out slow, then work your way up to speed.

http://www.harborfreight.com/7-inch-...der-92623.html

Comment

thanks guys. picked up the buffer that cc2mc recommended. will update with results.

Comment

thank you everyone for you help. The buffer worked great and i was able to get the marks out of the transom gelcoat.

oh and i put the girlfriend to work after i got done putting oil on the platform.

have a picture but unable to download.

Comment

thank you everyone for you help. The buffer worked great and i was able to get the marks out of the transom gelcoat.

oh and i put the girlfriend to work after i got done putting oil on the platform.

have a picture but unable to download.
                          send pic's of girlfriend...
                          sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

sorry, no pics are loading!

Comment

sorry, no pics are loading!
                              you can use photobucket..
                              sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Working...
                              X