trailer steps grip tape

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trailer steps grip tape

is there a replacement MC grip tape sticker for mid 90's trailers. Someone pulled off all the grippy stuff and left me with just the residue. I'd like to replace to original if possible but can't find the original,unless I buy bulk sheets and freehand cut it to match the residue left.

any help??

I'm currently doing the same. Luckily the originals were in reasonable shape so I could use them to make templates to cut out the new grip tape.
    Use Goof-Off to remove the old residue....works great.

Comment

Where did you get the new grip tape? I am needing to do this as well.

Comment

Try a local skate board shop...that is where I got mine...they sell it in 12 inch wide pieces off the roll.

Comment

I got away from the tape and went to hydro turf on mine. Way better feel and still grippy

Comment

The skateboard stuff is harsh and will promptly remove leg hair like a epilady. Ask me how I know. I got this stuff and it's the same texture and feel as the OE grip tape (i.e. not harsh on bare skin):
            http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stick-Vinyl-...-/370920630365

You'd obviously have to cut it out. I didn't cut out the MasterCraft logo and just matched the outside shape of mine and it worked well. Unless you find someone with old stock I don't think you can get the OE cut stuff. If you want a fancier solution look at HydroTurf or SeaDek.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff d View Post
              The skateboard stuff is harsh and will promptly remove leg hair like a epilady. Ask me how I know. I got this stuff and it's the same texture and feel as the OE grip tape (i.e. not harsh on bare skin):

You'd obviously have to cut it out. I didn't cut out the MasterCraft logo and just matched the outside shape of mine and it worked well. Unless you find someone with old stock I don't think you can get the OE cut stuff. If you want a fancier solution look at HydroTurf or SeaDek.
              Thanks for the link!
              -Matt

Comment

Originally posted by eseebeck View Post
                is there a replacement MC grip tape sticker for mid 90's trailers. Someone pulled off all the grippy stuff and left me with just the residue. I'd like to replace to original if possible but can't find the original,unless I buy bulk sheets and freehand cut it to match the residue left.

any help??

This topic has been beat to death. Do a search - I even posted pics of my solution.

Shane will cut the tapes to your dimentions - nice guy and ex Marine - support our troops

Shane Seybert
                Sales & Development
                NonSlip Tapes LLC
                Phone(724)256-8359
                Email- Shane@nonsliptapes.com
                What does the fox say?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...

Comment

Originally posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
                  This topic has been beat to death. Do a search - I even posted pics of my solution.

Shane will cut the tapes to your dimentions - nice guy and ex Marine - support our troops

Shane Seybert
                  Sales & Development
                  NonSlip Tapes LLC
                  Phone(724)256-8359
                  Just ordered mine from above ^^^
                  Great people and very easy to do business with. Custom cuts were no problem. Thanks for the link Rat!
                  1995 Mastercraft Prostar 205

Former 1986 Mastercraft Skier

Comment

Originally posted by TxsRiverRat View Post

Shane Seybert
                    Sales & Development
                    NonSlip Tapes LLC
                    Phone(724)256-8359
                    in the library now... thanks rat
                    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Trailer Section

Go see the post I put up this morning in the trailer section for another option. I put a bunch of pics
                      Principal Photographer at www.DCStanleyPhotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff d View Post

OK, since you asked, Why are you using an epilady on your legs?!!
                        Don't buy the 2 color hydroturf - its crap! It will delaminate in the first year and when you call them, they will tell you that they know it does!

Comment

Working...
                        X