Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polished Insides of Ballast Pumps plus new "Green" Impellers (pics)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polished Insides of Ballast Pumps plus new "Green" Impellers (pics)

Well, in an effort to get my ballast to fill faster and be more reliable, I decided to polish the insides of each of my ballast pumps and the covers. Also, installed the new "green" impellers I got from my dealer. I now have a set of Yellow, Black and Green impellers. I bought the yellow ones at the begining of last year but they would not create enough of a pressure head to pull water thru the system. I went back to the black ones and had some success. However, I burned two of my black one up by the end of the year so I decided to replace them with the new green impellers. I'll let everyone know how they work.
    Attached Files
    2002, X30, L-18, Red Metal Flake (the possessed boat)

Let us know if it helps...What is the story behind the green impellers? I know they came out with theyellow ones...but not seen the green ones until now.

Can you or anyone get me the actual Jabsco p/n for the yellow impellers or green impellers?

Comment

I was just at my dealer and he told me the latest impellers were yellow. Said the green ones were from another manufacture. Bought 3 of the yellow ones. Hope I didn't just buy old sotck. Maybe Eric or another dealer can chime in and give us the real deal.

Comment

The green impellers are form, fit identical to my black and yellow impellers. As you can see, they fit just like the others. I did notice they were a little more rigid than the yellow ones but softer than the black ones. We'll see how they work.

Comment

Ya, let us know!!

Comment

there was some info on the green impellors in a 'ballast leak down' thread. Some say the green impellers are the latest and will help with the leak down problem. Others say the impellers are older... Sometimes it's hard to get the real skinny... Your experience will be good info. Nice job on the polishing!

Comment

how often are these supposed to be changed out? Is this checked by most dealers if the winterzation is done by them?
              I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!

Comment

BLACK IMPELLERS (OUTDATED DO NOT USE)

YELLOW IMPELLERS (Current and in use today for ballast systems)

GREEN IMPELLERS (Used for MTS Ballast)
                James (Jim) Kranendonk Pres-BAWS
                Tampa Bay's Exclusive MasterCraft Dealer

www.BAYAREAWATERSPORTS.com
                (813) 996-BAWS (2297)

Comment

What is the difference between the green and yellow? Why does the MTS need a different impeller, it uses the same jabsco ballast pump, right? If the green impellers keep water from flowing out when pump is off, they may be a good choice for all ballast pumps. Would someone try them in their wakeboard boat and let me know if they are any good. lol. Whats the price difference between the yellow and green? so so many questions.

Comment

Would love to know if these work better.
                    Tim
                    Gone, surfing.

Comment

Yes let us know how well the green ones perform.

The yellow ones for my KGB tank take forever to fill/empty, so I went back to the black one just for that pump/tank. I'd love to try the green ones.

Also, what did you use to polish your pumps with?
                      I was njskier on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim@BAWS View Post

Jim -

Here is the link that talks about the green impellers and how they may help the siphoning (spelling???) effect.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...R-JABSCO+GREEN

Why would the MTS require a different impeller compared to the KGB system?

Comment

Originally posted by njskier View Post
                          Yes let us know how well the green ones perform.

The yellow ones for my KGB tank take forever to fill/empty, so I went back to the black one just for that pump/tank. I'd love to try the green ones.

Also, what did you use to polish your pumps with?
                          I used my dremmel and a polishing kits I got from Lowes for $12. Worked like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim@BAWS View Post

When did black get outdated?? my dealer just used on my boat one month ago..
                            2003 197 tt- sold
                            2006 xstar- sold
                            2012 x-30

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                              When did black get outdated?? my dealer just used on my boat one month ago..

For your Ballast Pump?? Over a year ago i know

Myself I'll live on the edge and surf without a helmet.

Comment

Working...
                              X