Adding fat sacks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding fat sacks

I plan on adding 2 400 lb fat sacks beside the hard tanks in my x30.
    can i use the exit line from the hard tank to fill the bags? then add an exit line from the bag to the through hull fitting??

Thanks in advance
    Billy "Shamrock IV" Burgess Jr.

Resident TeamTalk Jacka$$
    2002 black X30
    1973 s&s project
    Look for me on CHL!! I am in the black X30 with the stars and stripes flying off the tower!!!

did the x30 have tanks in the back?

Usually the pumps are reversable, so you hook up the fill / drain on the bottom back, and then the overflow goes out the hull fitting (and it overflowsd then the bag is full

Comment

Yea the X30 has the same ballast set up as an x star, I think, At least it does on my 03.

agaranaghi- according to the guys at my mastercraft dealer, adding additional fat sacks plumbed in with the boat system is a pain on my 03 x-30. Not sure what year your boat is, if it turns out to be easy let me know.

Comment

how?

Depending on the setup, im going to guess there is 1 hose that fills the hard tank and an overflow bag... so what you do is remove the overflow from the hull fitting (drains overboard) and connect it to the 2nd bag, and add a hose on the top of that bag to the hull fitting...

So when the tank over flows it will overflow into the 2nd bag, and when that is full it will over flow out of hte boat... of course if your pumps are on timers you will have to increase the intervals.

Comment

Originally posted by agarabaghi View Post
          how?

Depending on the setup, im going to guess there is 1 hose that fills the hard tank and an overflow bag... so what you do is remove the overflow from the hull fitting (drains overboard) and connect it to the 2nd bag, and add a hose on the top of that bag to the hull fitting...

So when the tank over flows it will overflow into the 2nd bag, and when that is full it will over flow out of hte boat... of course if your pumps are on timers you will have to increase the intervals.
          my pumps are not on timers. they pump til u turn them off.

my plan is like u say. once the hard tank is full the overflow will go into the bag.

lets hope it works.
          Last edited by ShamrockIV; 05-26-2011, 03:25 PM.

2002 black X30
          1973 s&s project
          Look for me on CHL!! I am in the black X30 with the stars and stripes flying off the tower!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShamrockIV View Post
            I plan on adding 2 400 lb fat sacks beside the hard tanks in my x30.
            What? You're inviting my ex wife and husband to the lake?
            What does the fox say?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...

Comment

haha ouch.

Comment

You wont have a problem filling, but you will emptying. On my X-10, I put a tee in the fill hose before the hard tank and another in the vent/overflow hose. Still have to make sure the fill/empty hose on your soft bag is as low as possible to get it to drain well.

Comment

tee before the hard tank?

2002 black X30
                  1973 s&s project

Comment

Originally posted by ShamrockIV View Post
                    tee before the hard tank?
                    Do you have some photos of how your hard tanks are in the lockers? If they are flat on the floor and you are going to put the sack on top of them I would not use a tee.

Just remove the vent line from your had tank and attach it to the vent on the sack. Then just go from the hard tanks vent to the fill point on the sack.
                    Tim
                    Gone, surfing.

Comment

fill the sacs 1st, then the tanks from the bottom.

Comment

i took the out line from the hard tank and went to the bags

2002 black X30
                        1973 s&s project

Comment

Originally posted by agarabaghi View Post
                          fill the sacs 1st, then the tanks from the bottom.
                          Why are you suggesting that? That seems like it would be next to impossible to drain.

At what point would you attach the fill line to the bag?

You'll be fine the way you have it Sham.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by CantRepeat; 05-27-2011, 09:49 AM.
                          Tim
                          Gone, surfing.

Comment

this is how i did it on my x45 last weekend

Comment

Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
                              Thats how I plumbed my X25.....Works great

Comment

Working...
                              X