new boat owner.. problems!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new boat owner.. problems!!

hello, newbie here.. i purchased a 2008 xstar yesterday and today i was doing some cleaning on interior listening the radio and the beeper went off for battery going low, I immediatley turned batteries off and hooked my charger up.. batteries charged for about 5 hrs, now when i turn battery on none of my gauges will work and my digital screen on dash will not power on, i can hit and hold the menu button and the screen will power on and it says please wait but when i release menu button the screen shuts down. any ideas or simple solutions?? any help would be greatly appreciated..

You able to get your hands on a battery load tester? Sounds like they may be nfg. When you were charging your batteries, did everything function properly then?

Comment

Test batteries. Sounds like its toast.... Unless the prior owner kept them up in off season--the life of a battery is compromised without activity----(charging)
      You haven't lived until you grab a wild hog by the legs when a dog is holding him by the ear!!

Comment

yes. my stereo and all tower lights and all other lights are working perfectly, just no power to gauges or vdig.

Comment

also on the circuit panel next to batteries the light is on on the bottom that says 24hr memory

Comment

BTW---congrats on the new boat!!! And there is a "Rule" around here.....PICTURES of your new toy!!! (It helps to get answers to ???'s)
            You haven't lived until you grab a wild hog by the legs when a dog is holding him by the ear!!

Comment

Try disconnecting the battery leads and then resetting them...sometimes that is all it takes :-)
              Kind of like a reboot.

Comment

hey thanks guys for the fast replies, not a good pic but you get the idea, this is me on way home with it, looking forward to doing my homework and getting good info from this forum... a big change from my four winns bowrider and pontoon...lol

Comment

Nice!!! Good looking setup there....hang around here, these fellas are a treasure trove of info!! You'll get everything sorted out in time for good weather.

Comment

Try removing the kill switch and then reinsert. I have a faulty kill switch which does exactly what you are saying. Good luck and enjoy your Xstar, I love mine and think the 2008 is better than the 2014.

Comment

Hey thanks mark. I will give that a try this morning when I get back out there.

Comment

I have the 08 vdig and it sometimes just needs to be reset. Turn your perko on and off after 3 minutes also. The vdig has some gremlin going on on rare occasion.
                        David
                        2008 X2 MCX
                        1999 Maristar 210 (sold)
                        1996 Bayliner 2050

Comment

Thanks davidstan. Can you be more specific on what your are talking about. I've cycled the switch several times. Am I missing something?

Comment

reset the kill switch and started working, thanks guys

Comment

The kill switch has been the source of many headaches.
                              - Peter
                              TANDEM AXLE PACKAGE - $950 DELIVERED WHEEL IMAGE
                              5 14X5.5 T06 WHEELS W/5 ST215/75R14 KENDA LOADSTAR RADIALS SS CENTER CAPS, LUGS, MOUNTED, BALANCED & READY TO INSTALL

PM or email me for tire, wheel or package pricing.
                              CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
                              LED lights, Chrome & Powder Coated Lugs
                              2 LED 6" BRAKE LIGHTS DELIVERED $25

tiresplease@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X