packing size for 2005 pro star 197

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• packing size for 2005 pro star 197

Anyone know what size the packing rope is in a 2005 pro star 197?
    M Smoothie
    Since 1st MC in 1976 & after
    The only way to pull

Depends on your transmission or, more specifically, shaft size. I'm going on memory, but I think the two sizes are 1/4" and 3/16". If you have a 1" shaft, you want to use the 1/4" packing. If your shaft is 1.125", you want the 3/16" packing.
    Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Comment

East Tx Skier is correct.

Your boat should have a 1-1/8" shaft, so you should use the 3/16" packing.
      WaterSkis.com***WakeBoards.com

Midwest MasterCraft***Midwest Water Sports

Facebook WaterSkis.com

Comment

Thanks. I am going with a packing impregnated with teflon, supposed to drop less according to several of people.
        M Smoothie
        Since 1st MC in 1976 & after
        The only way to pull

Comment

With traditional flax, IIRC you've got to have 6-10 drips per minute to keep the packing cool and lubricated. With the Goretex or Teflon packings, IIRC you can go down to 2-3 drips per minute.

This is a good writeup on the procedure and adjustment criteria.
          1998 Maristar 200VRS

Comment

Originally posted by FrankSchwab View Post
            With traditional flax, IIRC you've got to have 6-10 drips per minute to keep the packing cool and lubricated. With the Goretex or Teflon packings, IIRC you can go down to 2-3 drips per minute.

This is a good writeup on the procedure and adjustment criteria.
            excellent product... changed my 2 seasons ago..
            sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Working...
            X