High pitched whining sound when first accelerating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High pitched whining sound when first accelerating

X15 with a 350 makes a high pitched whining sound when first accelerating. Sound goes away after a few seconds. Is this normal? Yesterday was our first day with our 09 X15, this is also our first mastercraft.

Thanks.

Could be your belt slipping some as you run up the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by OHpage21 View Post
      Could be your belt slipping some as you run up the engine.
      Thank you, we will check out the belts today.

Comment

Also could be your strut bushing.

Comment

With the above mentioned the MCX makes kind of like jet engine noise around the 15mph mark. Same happens with my LTR when I start off. I can't recall exactly what makes it, but if I recall correctly its the fuel getting to engine or something of that sort. Perfectly normal.
          CURRENT: 2008 SANTE 210

2000 Mastercraft Xstar
          2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
          2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
          99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
          88 2001 Nautique

Comment

Originally posted by swatguy View Post
            With the above mentioned the MCX makes kind of like jet engine noise around the 15mph mark. Same happens with my LTR when I start off. I can't recall exactly what makes it, but if I recall correctly its the fuel getting to engine or something of that sort. Perfectly normal.
            Mine makes the same noise under load and heavy acceleration. It sounds like a whistling noise.
            Tim
            Gone, surfing.

Comment

On my 95 Prostar, last fall, I had the same sound. Replaced the serpentine belt, noise gone. Can't even hear the engine now. Under acceleration, it used to whistle and hum.

Comment

Check the temp gauge. Believe it or not my impeller whistles when it's time to be replaced. Gauge will be a bit higher when it's doing it's whistling thing.

Comment

Mine is not really a whine,but more of a suction noise.I think its the air intake sucking air. I have the MCX.
                  "Hey baby want to make fourteen dollars the hard way?"--Rondhey Dangerfeild-Caddy Shack.

"Was it over when the German's bombed pearl harbor ?"
                  ---Animal house

Comment

My 09 X-15 has done same thing since day 1. No worries.

Comment

My 09 X-15 that I just got this spring has a similar sound at that rpm. When I got the boat I paid the local MC dealer (didn't buy the boat from him) to take us out on it for the first time to go over how everything works. He said that the noise was from the transmission and was normal. He said the noise is higher if the transmission has traditional ATF fluid in it or synthetic ATF. I got ahold of the Malibu dealer I got it from and it does have the synthetic ATF in it. The local MC dealer said the synthetic ATF won't hurt anything but after this season switch to the 15-W40 oil that MC calls for. It will help deaden the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by treiter View Post
                        My 09 X-15 has done same thing since day 1. No worries.
                        Good to know.

Could not get too the belts and determine if they need to be replaced. What is the general rule of thumb on when you replace belts - after how many hours or years?

Comment

Put my MCX in the here too group.
                          I love to travel, but hate to arrive. ~~ A. Einstein
                          -----
                          You donít stop riding because youíre getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.
                          -----
                          Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a Ride! ~~ Hunter S. Thompson
                          -----
                          My wakeboard is calling, and I must go ride! ~~ Me

Comment

Working...
                          X