Impeller removal tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impeller removal tool

Does anyone have experience with this type of impeller removal tool?

http://www.impellertool.com/

The installation tool is interesting but I'm more interested in knowing if the removal tool us any good. Skip to 2:15 in the video to see it in action

Originally posted by Dynamite Spike View Post
    Does anyone have experience with this type of impeller removal tool?

http://www.impellertool.com/

The installation tool is interesting but I'm more interested in knowing if the removal tool us any good. Skip to 2:15 in the video to see it in action
    Have not seen that before - but I can slip in a new impeller very quickly - not dry like in the video lol. needle nose vise grips work too an the are $20
    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

I use 2 free paint can opener tools...

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
        Have not seen that before - but I can slip in a new impeller very quickly - not dry like in the video lol. needle nose vise grips work too an the are $20
        That's my method
        '97 Prostar 190 - LT-1

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.

Comment

I second the 2 paint can opener tools. Plus I heard once that they can also open a bottle of beer when you are done ;-)

Comment

I have heard in many of our boats there isn't enough room between the engine and the pylon to use these . I use two flat blade screw drivers

Comment

Intresting...I use the needle vise grips, but after wrestling with mine today I'm tempted to buy the install tool.
              "Hey baby want to make fourteen dollars the hard way?"--Rondhey Dangerfeild-Caddy Shack.

"Was it over when the German's bombed pearl harbor ?"
              ---Animal house

Comment

Impeller removal tool

The install tool is $45.50 removal tool is $55.50 + S&H approx $ 20.00 in US.
                Best
                Andrew.

From the impellertool.com sight guy. Emailed him as there was no info about the various sizes and prices on his web site

Interesting tools....

Comment

Just did this (left it in from the winter). Could not get it out but then did the following:

1. Remove the cover, spray the shaft part with WD-40 and let it sit
                  2. Spray the vanes (?) with soapy water or binding lube
                  3. Remove the kill switch and bump the starter a couple of times.
                  4. Pull with needle nose pliers.

Came right out. Then I sprayed the new one down with tons of soapy water and it slid right in.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by JMLVMI View Post
                    Just did this (left it in from the winter). Could not get it out but then did the following:

1. Remove the cover, spray the shaft part with WD-40 and let it sit
                    2. Spray the vanes (?) with soapy water or binding lube
                    3. Remove the kill switch and bump the starter a couple of times.
                    4. Pull with needle nose pliers.

Came right out. Then I sprayed the new one down with tons of soapy water and it slid right in.

Good luck!

I'll try this tonight....don't really feel like paying $50+ on a tool that I'll use once a year.

Comment

I could get the old impeller out fine, but lining up the splines on the new one was a pain.
                      "Hey baby want to make fourteen dollars the hard way?"--Rondhey Dangerfeild-Caddy Shack.

"Was it over when the German's bombed pearl harbor ?"
                      ---Animal house

Comment

Originally posted by McDye View Post
                        I use 2 free paint can opener tools...
                        ditto here also. I prefer the home depot variety that also will open bottled beer.

Comment

The install tool looks interesting. I am always trying to figure out a way to get the price down. The shipping is crazy IMO. He's in LA (310 area code). I'll see what I can find out?

Comment

Looks simple enough. I may have to turn one up for myself. Not sure about the removal tool though.

Comment

I just spoke to Andrew last night. He seems to be willing to work on a group buy type pricing. We will get together or speak again next week after his trip. So there is hope of a price reduction of some type.

MI_Corey, How much would the metal cost you to make yourself?

How many of you might be interested if I can reduce the cost? I know everyone wants to know what the price will be first, but I don't know yet. I will know more next week. It's just always good to know what the interest is to gauge the quantity discount.

I will probably buy one of the install tools regardless.

Comment

Working...
                              X