Rub rail leaks??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rub rail leaks??

I have a 1994 maristar 200. The rub rail was removed and replaced (caulked all screws when replacing them) and I have removed the back seat and tank and sealed the entire inside, but still getting lots of water at 10-20 mph. Has anyone had a simiar problem and remedy?

Thanks
    Tom

During my first few weeks with my '93 I noticed water POURING in the back right of the boat anytime I made a slow left turn. It was hard not to notice because the rear corner became saturated with water during these turns. All I did was seal the bottom lip of the rubrail where it met the fiberglass. I used some clear marine grade silicone and water never poured in again.

Comment

Hey footin

My boat leaked like that - I used polysulphide black caulk (BoatLife) anf just ran a bead up under the rail - if you use masking tape, you'll get a nice straight bead that won't need much tooling (with your finger)...my boat's rail is black with a black stripe just under it so the "repair" just disappears...

Due to the config. of the hull back there, get someone to drive at 20 mph +/- and if you stand back there and look you'll see water being kicked right up under the rail and consequently, forced thru the crack...

Wes
      Last edited by wesgardner; 07-12-2005, 09:50 AM.

while you're sleeping, things are breaking
      '89 Maristar 240, 454, 1:1, 13:13 Acme

Comment

Yes Sir, silicone under or adjacent to the rail.
        93 190
        Don't be a boot licker

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

sigpic

..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
        NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Comment

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the advice. I'll give it a shot and let you know!!

Footin

Comment

Hey Wes - did you ever get your motor straightened out?
            If one day you're asked:
            " How did you spend your time here on Earth?"
            Will you say:
            "I kept a crabgrass free lawn"
            It's time to SKI.

Comment

Hey jimmer,

The boat's at the mechanic as we speak...one cracked head - $1,100 +/- ouch! as they say - break out another thousand....hopefully thebottom end tests OK.

Wes

while you're sleeping, things are breaking
              '89 Maristar 240, 454, 1:1, 13:13 Acme

Comment

Same leak in 2003 MS230

Just tried the silicon fix under the right rear end. My neighbor with a MS 210 1999 had the same leak. Has the factory offered any guidance? Seems like this is a very common problem.

Comment

I am getting more and more water in the center bilge compartment?
                  1999 Maristar 210.
                  Heater system is by-passed. (We never use it.)
                  Motor bilge is dry.
                  I don't get it?
                  Prop seal?
                  Last edited by kdskier; 07-15-2010, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Check your packing on the drive shaft
                    Lots of power is good, more is better, too much is just right.

'91 prostar 190

Comment

Working...
                    X